• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFCD NEWS from ALL ACCESS

D

Davradio

This just posted on All Access this morning:

Dallas AMs Sold To Lender In Bankruptcy
The saga of Talk/Sports KFCD-A/DALLAS and its CP for another station, KHSE-A, continues with the bankruptcy sale of the station by THE WATCH, LTD. to BERNARD DALLAS LLC, a company 100% owned by lender D.B. ZWIRN AND CO., LP, for $9 million. The proceeds will be earmarked to pay the debt owed by the seller to ZWIRN's SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES FUND, L.P.; the buyer will LMA KFCD through closing and broker LARRY PATRICK is overseeing the construction of KHSE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It will be interesting to see what the results are... by the way JERRY are you reading.. 700 might be a station that can carry your 'Boys!

Just a thought!

<P ID="signature">______________
Dave Michaels
Davradio Productions
Dallas, Texas</P>

> It will be interesting to see what the results are... by the
> way JERRY are you reading.. 700 might be a station that can
> carry your 'Boys!

I would forget about that, unless they are going to upgrade the daytime signal to 50kw, and greatly increase the nighttime power...which would involve a highly directional and complicated antenna array, probably with different patterns/powers for day/critical/nights. Too many $$$ for an operation being pulled out of bankruptcy.

WLW is going to be a nighttime headache in any case. Ask KSEV in Houston.

> > It will be interesting to see what the results are... by
> the
> > way JERRY are you reading.. 700 might be a station that
> can
> > carry your 'Boys!
>
> I would forget about that, unless they are going to upgrade
> the daytime signal to 50kw, and greatly increase the
> nighttime power...which would involve a highly directional
> and complicated antenna array, probably with different
> patterns/powers for day/critical/nights. Too many $$$ for
> an operation being pulled out of bankruptcy.
>
> WLW is going to be a nighttime headache in any case. Ask
> KSEV in Houston.
>

Ya know... I was thinking as I was reading your response... that 1190 is still a kick ass 50K blow torch.. and I mentioned that in an earlier post about the Cowboys-- however.. wouldn't 700 have a better NIGHT TIME SIGNAL? just from the location of it on the dial? and if you combo those two to carry the night games or late afternoon games.. wouldn't you cover the same.. now I know Jerry would probably perfer a FM station to be the flagship-- but this actually has a little kick to it if it is thought through.

Just a thought!<P ID="signature">______________
Dave Michaels
Davradio Productions
Dallas, Texas</P>

> Ya know... I was thinking as I was reading your response...
> that 1190 is still a kick ass 50K blow torch.. and I
> mentioned that in an earlier post about the Cowboys--
> however.. wouldn't 700 have a better NIGHT TIME SIGNAL?

The 1190 night signal has all kinds of holes in it, from lousy to nonexistent coverage of Collin/Denton counties, to at best mediocre coverage of the western half of Tarrant County.

Any upgraded night signal for KHSE would have to involve a very narrow beam originating to the ENE of Dallas, headed west towards Abilene. And there would have to be heavy supression of the signal to the east (to stay away from KEEL 710 Shreveport), the southeast (KSEV Houston), the northeast (WLW) and northwest (KALL Salt Lake City.) The SLC null would possibly cause reception headaches in Denton and Collin counties as well.

Jay-ree should probably stick with FM, unless he swings a deal with WBAP.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom