• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ken Dito out at KTRB

They don't own the land under the tower sites. The best they can do is take in a few million against the many millions they loaned and take their haircut. Someone will LMA it, as noted above, then buy it and do something with the night coverage...I suggest at a lower power and if possible, different site that has power. The stick can make money, it's 50Kw daytime. It may be block programming, or possibly a format, but it can make money at the price point someone will finally pay for it.

No one was listening anyways. So who cares? Really, who gives a rats ass. Why are we discussing a station that had only 2 listeners.. Ken Ditto and the guy who came in to empty the trash and clean the toilet down the hall. :eek:

Sell the station to Family Radio already! At least Mr. Camping has the money to build out the station properly. And the connections to get it done quickly if you know what I mean! lol lol

SFStatic said:
They don't own the land under the tower sites. The best they can do is take in a few million against the many millions they loaned and take their haircut. Someone will LMA it, as noted above, then buy it and do something with the night coverage...I suggest at a lower power and if possible, different site that has power. The stick can make money, it's 50Kw daytime. It may be block programming, or possibly a format, but it can make money at the price point someone will finally pay for it.

Based solely on the number and arrangement of towers, it appears that the KTCT 1050 site would be the best place for KTRB's nighttime operations. I don't think 50 kw would be possible without tower construction, but 10 kW--and perhaps as much as 25 kW--ought to be possible using just the four nearly-in-line towers. I assume, however, that there are so many issues with this site that KTRB's engineering consultants dismissed it from consideration. Actually, the site appears to have great potential for a triplex--860, 1050, and 1220. 1220, at least, could run 50 kW-U from that site, with both 860 and 1220 using only the four nearly-in-line towers. High-power AM triplexes cost big $$$ and I suppose that, in this age of declining AM revenues and declining AM station values, no case could be made for such a project. Still, Salem, which still seems committed to AM, would be heavily involved. Salem owns the KFAX site, which KTRB uses by day, and Salem also owns 1220, which they want to upgrade to 50 kW-U but for which they have been unable to find a site that passes muster with everyone who wants to be involved.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom