• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kelly Ripa To Host ‘Generation Gap’ Game Show At ABC From Jimmy Kimmel & Mark Burnett

Is this a revival of the 1969 game show which marked Jack Barry's return to network television?
He replaced Dennis Wholey for the last five weeks of that show. For those who don't remember
it, it pitted two three-member teams (one of under-30s and one of over-30s) to see who knew
the most about the other team's generation. More often that not the under-30s knew more
about the opponents' generation than vice versa.

VH-1 aired a game show called "My Generation" in the late '90s. It pitted two members, say of the class of '79, against two members of let's say, the class of '93. The host would ask questions about music from both eras. Answering questions from the era that wasn't your own would get you extra points. This aired around the same time that "Rock and Roll Jeopardy" did.

I wasn't going to watch this but I saw a commercial and it does sound quite appealing to see kids not knowing people I know, and people my age not knowing stars from today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom