• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kelly Osbourne on Wired 96.5

M

Magnum

Last night, I heard Kelly Osbourne's dance hit "One Word" on Wired 96.5. Are many other rhythmic top 40's playing this song? This is one of the very few dance songs I've heard on Wired 96.5.

This is great news! After consulting with their web site I found out they played One Word at 3:02 AM on 6/18. They do test newer music during the overnights, lets hope that the song tests well enough to move into a more lucrative rotation schedule. It would be great (IMHO) if Beasley capitalizes on the opportunity to take Wired in the direction of its sister station Power 96 from the late 90s/early 2000s when they played dance music alongside the hip hop.

> Yes they are this song has been doing very well
>

My philosophy on "Dance"

The Kelly Osbourne record is a "stiff". Catchy tune, but a stiff nonetheless.

True, females (18-34) like danceable music. But, "dance" music hasn't really evolved over the last 10 years. Listen to Energy in San Franciso and you'll know what I mean. It all sounds as if it was recorded in 1995. And yes...I listen to a lot of the new stuff.

Like it or not..."Hip/Hop" has taken the place of "dance" as the club/lifestyle music of choice for *most* 18-34 year old females. Couple that with the lack of quality, commercial "dance" and you have a dead format. Yes...there are a lot of people that are truly passionate about dance/club music. But...there are also a lot of people passionately into polka, jazz and classical. With a few exceptions you really don't see these genres generating a lot of sales, nor do you see them as terribly profitable radio music formats.

That being said...I think more stations could incorporate "dance" titles into their playlists. In moderation, of course. The DHT record comes immediately to mind. Z-100 in NY has a nice balance of rock, hip-hop, pop and dance. CHR/Mainstream needs some friggin' BPMs. It's all so mid-tempo.

I just don't think a 1990 style dance format would work...anywhere.
It's just not mass appeal anymore.

> This is great news! After consulting with their web site I
> found out they played One Word at 3:02 AM on 6/18. They do
> test newer music during the overnights, lets hope that the
> song tests well enough to move into a more lucrative
> rotation schedule. It would be great (IMHO) if Beasley
> capitalizes on the opportunity to take Wired in the
> direction of its sister station Power 96 from the late
> 90s/early 2000s when they played dance music alongside the
> hip hop.
>
> > Yes they are this song has been doing very well
> >
>

Re: My philosophy on "Dance"

The problem is that the major labels are not distributing the dance mixes and good as they should. Omarion's O had a great remix done by local producer Mr Mig. Their marketing department didnt even know it was even done. There is a lot of great dance music out on the scene right now. QED's Islands is a solid track, Lucas Prata, Reina, Aubrey, and so forth.

Re: My philosophy on "Dance"

In my opinion, I don't believe that a properly-executed rhythmic AC (with lots of 90's music) would fail. In fact, I suspect it would be pretty successful. However, I don't think anyone in the market is interested in doing it so the research to back up a theory "for" or "against" is probably non-existent.

> The problem is that the major labels are not distributing
> the dance mixes and good as they should. Omarion's O had a
> great remix done by local producer Mr Mig. Their marketing
> department didnt even know it was even done. There is a lot
> of great dance music out on the scene right now. QED's
> Islands is a solid track, Lucas Prata, Reina, Aubrey, and so
> forth.
>

> Last night, I heard Kelly Osbourne's dance hit "One Word" on
> Wired 96.5. Are many other rhythmic top 40's playing this
> song? This is one of the very few dance songs I've heard on
> Wired 96.5.
>

Is this the Chris Cox radio mix you're talking about or the slower version?<P ID="signature">______________
Check out DJCrazyTom's dance homepage: www.soundclick.com/crazytom</P>

The Chris Cox(Formerly of Thunderpuss) is the track they are pushing its the one in her video. She is going full force into dance music

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom