• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDAY TO BE 'TOTALLY DIFFERENT' STARTING MONDAY

Or at least thats what the promos have been promising...

I assume its just a concert announcment or something equally tame, and not a major announcment about a format flip or tweak, but I could be wrong...

I doubt they will tweak their format although KNRJ in Phoenix is playing new music in rotation with the Classic Hip Hop. Maybe more airstaff will be added. They already have jocks at night. To play it safe they are better off leaving it alone.

there ratings are a joke 1.5 not to impressive at all , and with them buying 97.7 Fm, in the Antelope valley, it makes sense for them to change formats, hopefully it wont be classic rock as we already have like 2 up here, anyway it will be nice to see if there is indeed a format change, now the question will be, what would the format be?? Jazz, country, top 40? oldies or something else, only time will tell.

36james said:
there ratings are a joke 1.5 not to impressive at all ,

It averages over a 2 in 18 to 49, competitive with or beating KLOS, KRTH, KTWV all of which have full Wilson signals. Not bad for a Class A signal.

DavidEduardo said:
It averages over a 2 in 18 to 49, competitive with or beating KLOS, KRTH, KTWV all of which have full Wilson signals. Not bad for a Class A signal.

I can't even listen to KDAY from Orange County! A 2.0 in 18-49 is excellent with that signal.

The station already has a large following and teens do listen. With that signal it will never be able to overtake the current CHR and Rhythmic stations in Los Angeles. So far this is the best format for that signal in recent years. KDAY does good in Riverside.

People let me have the floor, Now do we need another station playing Lil Wayne's "She Will",Kanye West & Jay-Z's "Paris", Tyga Featuring Drake "Still Got It", Lil' Wayne's "How to Love", Kanye West & Jay-Z "Otis", Drake's "Headlines" the list goes on & on. No we do not people. We already have Power 106 playing those songs that I've mentioned. KDAY might add a few 90's & early 2000's slow R&B hits during the late night. I doubt it lol ;D. They might make it like "The Beat" but without all the syndicated mess this time around. I doubt that too ::). I'll be tuning in on Monday to hear what's going down. I can't see them going back to playing currents because that approach didn't work out.

wdb2003 said:
The station already has a large following and teens do listen. With that signal it will never be able to overtake the current CHR and Rhythmic stations in Los Angeles. So far this is the best format for that signal in recent years. KDAY does good in Riverside.

they have decent ratings in Riverside, so what could be totally different, new DJ's?? or a new format?? like i said only time will tell

The good news is that it is not Red Zebra. The bad news is that it is Saul Rosenzweig, a minority owner of Gold Coast's KDAY/KDEI and KWIE. $800,000 listed as the purchase price in the contract posted on the FCC Audio division site.

posted by Jon Bruce,

well if KDAY changes format what will become of KTPI??? will it become a translator station for KDAY??

36james said:
The good news is that it is not Red Zebra. The bad news is that it is Saul Rosenzweig, a minority owner of Gold Coast's KDAY/KDEI and KWIE. $800,000 listed as the purchase price in the contract posted on the FCC Audio division site.

posted by Jon Bruce,

well if KDAY changes format what will become of KTPI??? will it become a translator station for KDAY??

If that does happen it would somewhat cover the Lancaster, Palmdale area by rimshot where KDAY doesnt reach. I figured country music would be easy to sell in that area so why change KTPI

wdb2003 said:
36james said:

posted by Jon Bruce,

If that does happen it would somewhat cover the Lancaster, Palmdale area by rimshot where KDAY doesnt reach. I figured country music would be easy to sell in that area so why change KTPI

i agree, country music is popular here, and KTPI has the best country signal in the Palmdale area

The same people who were hosting nights. Heard them before they sound okay. I kinda figure they were adding jocks vs. a format tweak. If it aint broken dont fix it.

wdb2003 said:
The same people who were hosting nights. Heard them before they sound okay. I kinda figure they were adding jocks vs. a format tweak. If it aint broken dont fix it.
Well said wdb2003 :). KDAY wasn't going to make that mistake due to the fact that they were failing when they were playing currents and during their tenure as "The Beat". IMHO They could adopt "The Beat" moniker once again but at the same time keep the same format they have now. That's just my humble opinion though ::). To answer your question HIP HOP JUNKI Tattoo is still hella funny, I'm glad he resurfaced on the radio since he left Power 106 back in 2010.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom