• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCOG status?

A friend who lives in northern Missouri, between the coverage areas on 1400 of KCOG (Centerville) and KFRU (Columbia, Mo.) tells me that, for the past couple of weeks, he's heard no signs of KCOG, with KFRU coming in clearly, if weakly, at his location south of Kirksville, Mo. Online news coverage of Centerville has really gone downhill since the Iowegian was "merged" into the Ottumwa Courier, so no luck there. This is a long-shot question, but I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with any recent information about KCOG. Thanks in advance!

The ownership transfer to Honey Creek Broadcasting has been granted...but there doesn't seem to be an STA or anything filed to be silent.

Thanks - I saw that, too. KMGO's been on an STA for several years, but that's a different story.

By the way, my interest comes about because one of the places I grew up was Centerville, in the days *before* KMGO. I've also done some research on KCOG's history and it's kind of amazing that it survived. It was in receivership in the 1950s and was stuck at 100 watts until the 1960s. I was in Centerville last year and it seemed like the main purpose for KCOG now is to be the station that its FM translator relays.

My correspondent now informs me that KCOG's signal is back after about two weeks off, squeezed in tight between KFRU (Columbia, Mo.) and WGIL (Galesburg, Ill.).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom