• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCCL-FM Woodland sold

I always thought it was a bit of a mistake when they moved from the 92.1 signal. Granted, $$$ was made, but 101.5 didn't cover as well. Wasn't Flash 103.9 also under their umbrella at one time?

I always thought it was a bit of a mistake when they moved from the 92.1 signal. Granted, $$$ was made, but 101.5 didn't cover as well. Wasn't Flash 103.9 also under their umbrella at one time?
Flash was owned by First Broadcasting, the company that upgraded, 92.1, 94.3 and 103.9. They spun 94.3 to Univision in 2003-4, 103.9 to Bustos and 92.1 to Results.

94.3 then went to Salem and then was traded with Bustos for 103.9.

Results moved 101.5 from Gridley to Woodland about 10 years ago and then sold 92.1 to Lotus Corp. Now they sold 101.5 to their competitor. It’s sad really, since had Lotus been the buyer of 101.5, they may have preserved K-HITS. Lotus offers both Spanish Language and general market English Language programming.

What surprises me is that there’s enough revenue in Sacramento to support three companies , Entravision, Lotus and Lazer Media, with 6 formats, dividing a 7 share among Spanish language dominant persons.

I’m thinking that radio usage may be higher among hispanics, but I have no data to back that up. I’m certain that Hispanics are underrepresented in Nielsen measurement.

Spanish language brands in Sacramento. (Most all have nationally delivered morning shows):

Entravision

La Tricolor, hosts based in Santa Monica
La Suavacita, hosts based in Santa Moncia
Fuego (bilingual), hosts based in Sacramento

Lazer

Radio Lazer, hosts based mostly in Ventura County.
Latino, hosts based in Sacramento.

Lotus

La Ranchera , some host based in Sacramento.

I’m thinking that radio usage may be higher among hispanics, but I have no data to back that up. I’m certain that Hispanics are underrepresented in Nielsen measurement.
Radio usage among Spanish dominant Hispanics is slightly higher as shown by Nielsen data.

However, Hispanic measurement is totally proportional to the percentage of Hispanics in each market and, in fact, is proportional on Spanish dominant and English dominant Hispanics.

When I checked this morning, 101.5 was broadcasting the Lazer feed. About 2 seconds behind 94.3. Must be still using the old settings from K-Hits on the audio chain…sounds much cleaner, way less overmodulated (and more pleasant on the ears) than 94.3

I’m curious if they’ll keep 94.3 as Lazer for better coverage in the south/east where 101.5’s signal is marginal or if this is a temporary simulcast?

When I checked this morning, 101.5 was broadcasting the Lazer feed. About 2 seconds behind 94.3. Must be still using the old settings from K-Hits on the audio chain…sounds much cleaner, way less overmodulated (and more pleasant on the ears) than 94.3

I’m curious if they’ll keep 94.3 as Lazer for better coverage in the south/east where 101.5’s signal is marginal or if this is a temporary simulcast?
I think there’s too much overlap. I think they should move Latino to 101.5 and use 97.9 to fill in for 94.3. But then again, who knows. They also have La Major.

I’m actually surprised they continued streaming after Lazer took over 101.5. They didn’t advertise that…I’m assuming they kept the automation going until the end of the month when the lease for the studio was due.

Back
Top Bottom