• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBLG-AM, KRKX and KRZN in Billings sold

From All Access:

Connoisseur Buys Billings Trio From Cherry Creek
CHERRY CREEK RADIO is selling Talk KBLG-A, Classic Rock KRKX, and Alternative KRZN (THE ZONE 96.3)/BILLINGS, MT to CONNOISSEUR MEDIA for an undisclosed price. The buyer will take over KBLG and KRZN under an LMA starting NOVEMBER 20th and will assume programming KRKX on DECEMBER 1st.
CONNOISSEUR presently owns Classic Hits KPBR (MY 105.9) and Modern AC KPLN (PLANET 106.7) in the market.
KALIL AND CO. served as exclusive broker for the deal.

So...what about Y-93? Is someone else buying them? It's not mentioned here.

I wonder if this means those stations will stream then cuz the Planet streams I know. How about Cherry Creek Radio sell all of it's stations to a broadcasting company that streams all of it's stations? Sell all the Cherry Creek to Cox radio for example.

What's also interesting, is according to the Gazette, Connoisseur is letting their lease expire on the 92.5 signal. So we may have another new station on 92.5.
Connoisseur's production and overall sound on their stations has been very refreshing. It'll be very interesting to see how they handle the new stations, who IMHO were always weak when it came to new, professional sounding production. I know it's only Billings, but The Planet has always had a top 50 market sound.

Any ideas if they are going to be running all stations from their original locations, or move all the studios to either the Grand office or Central office?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom