• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kansas City gets new Urban Oldies station

LOL the station doesn't ID, because the audio equipment is still messed up and not delivering the center channel over the air. Only the surround sound portions of the music are broadcast. Most songs are missing the vocals as well. I'm not sure how to describe this effect, what the terminology is called, but unplugging your headphones slightly may or may not produce the non-center effect I'm talking about.

The LPFM on 98.5 has been silence since yesterday. Their website is still up but the streaming is also down.

Maybe they're repairing the equipment.

They have gotten fixed, finally. Now there is compression on their sound. No bass in most of the music, but at least it's a work in progress.

LOL the day after I posted the last post in this thread, the station went dead air and the programming hasn't returned at time of writing

KPPZ has had programming most of the time recently with a few days of silence but it's usually fixed within a day or less. The website is no longer working, neither is the streaming. Their Facebook is still active but hasn't gotten any new posts in a while, however KPPZ is on playing music right now as I write this, skipping slightly every 30 seconds or so as if they're using an old computer to play it.

They have a new announcing voice, sounds deeper and less excited to be on the radio than the first guy.

The website and stream are still down but the Facebook gets posted to from time to time. The skipping on the FM seems to have been fixed, but most of the music still lacks low end/bass.

[if anyone cares]
LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom