• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KAAY returns with a roar

I've noticed the last several nights that KAAY 1090 Little Rock is coming in as clear as a bell with a warm basey textured sound here in sw Ark. I've heard from several sources that the 50 K daytime service has been restored. But the nighttime array is still not working and they are supposed to drop to like 1500 watts at night. I believe they aren't changing and are running 50K ND at night, giving Arkansas a true class A clear channel station. Check it out where you are and post your results here. I've never heard it as clear at night at my location before.

They have been under a STA for 5KW....the night signal may still be 5KW which at 1090 is still a good signal...the transmitter had suffered some damage when copper thieves hit the antenna ground system and I heard some damage had also been done to the feedlines.....so its possible they finally got the ground system fixed and able to run the 50KW daytime...I'll pop Dan Case, the CE, an email to find out

Heard back from Dan...they have KAAY back at 50KW day (been that way for a year or so)....at night, they are running 10KW ND now under STA since they got the ground system repaired under one tower...the DA though is still out of service...no time table on that....It is NOT running 50KW at night....Dan and his assistant are very diligent about that....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom