• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K300CP (KBPI Denver Translator) Being sold to iHeart

Based on coverage was it priced right or over priced ? I’ve seen a translator go for 1.2 million as the highest I’ve ever heard on price tag
You have to consider they are running it as a Fill in translator (via a HD Subchannel Legally) for KBPI to have some what contiguous branding on the 107.9 channel along the Front Range. KBPL still runs a KBPI South, but same branding otherwise.

What IHM owns (think I found 'em all) and the 107.9 coverage.

View attachment 5763
Not sure what the point of this map is. You have one K241CP there that has nothing to do with iHeart...

iHeart has been programming K300CP since the day it signed-on in 2015 and just had to execute its option to acquire now.
Based on coverage was it priced right or over priced ? I’ve seen a translator go for 1.2 million as the highest I’ve ever heard on price tag
No way to tell since we don't know what iHeart has paid Hope Media Group to operate it the past eight years. There have been numerous translator sales higher than 1.2 million. In Denver alone, iHeart payed $1.8 million to acquire 93.7 K229BS in 2019 (Station Sales Week Of 5/10: iHeart Expands In Denver - RadioInsight)

The two biggest announced translator sales never closed.100.7 Chicago for $4.6 million and 106.3 New York both in 2014. One that did close was for two on same frequency for $3.5 million with one on the Willis Tower and the other in the suburbs. Other larger sales include another Chicago translator was sold for $1.9 million and New York and Phoenix translators for $1.8 million each.

Not sure what the point of this map is. You have one K241CP there that has nothing to do with iHeart...

iHeart has been programming K300CP since the day it signed-on in 2015 and just had to execute its option to acquire now.

No way to tell since we don't know what iHeart has paid Hope Media Group to operate it the past eight years. There have been numerous translator sales higher than 1.2 million. In Denver alone, iHeart payed $1.8 million to acquire 93.7 K229BS in 2019 (Station Sales Week Of 5/10: iHeart Expands In Denver - RadioInsight)

The two biggest announced translator sales never closed.100.7 Chicago for $4.6 million and 106.3 New York both in 2014. One that did close was for two on same frequency for $3.5 million with one on the Willis Tower and the other in the suburbs. Other larger sales include another Chicago translator was sold for $1.9 million and New York and Phoenix translators for $1.8 million each.
W292DV couldn’t operate with any significant power on 106.3 because WKMK complained about interference and forced them to shut down. W292DV changed its frequency to 107.9 and changed its call letters to W300EI, and it’s been silent for years except for brief periods of operation to save its license.

W292DV couldn’t operate with any significant power on 106.3 because WKMK complained about interference and forced them to shut down. W292DV changed its frequency to 107.9 and changed its call letters to W300EI, and it’s been silent for years except for brief periods of operation to save its license.
What does this have to do with the thread at hand??

Back
Top Bottom