• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might it depend on how you feed it? I believe it's got different ways of feeding audio into it. Try another method.

Do you know if it has mono options too? I still want to try one out, LOL that's a long distance but then again you're on the 43rd floor. Nice on the height!

Mouse, I played with the thing for hours. I found I was able to make the sound a lot better if I opened my stream using the VLC player, then went into VLC's advance settings and tweaked the audio. However, listeners at the other end still had bad sound. This thing jumps from 87.85 to 87.90. I can't use 87.9, and the deviation on 87.85 setting produces a scratchy sound. Unlike my china device, I can't get the oscillator to shift a little to center the carrier to something like 87.87 or 87.88 megacycles.

By the way, yesterday I tried it on the 18th floor of a different building and got a lot better results than the 43rd floor of the one downtown. Not sure why, but I think it was because of the Spanish pirate down in Pasadena. They have really cranked up their power and were covering everything south all the way downtown.

8039784_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I totally understand... I probably won't get one, then. They're over $100 and I can just as easily get a 0.5 watt Chinese transmitter for a 3rd of that price. The Chinese really apparently know about stereo separation and good audio. LOL it's not perfect but at least it's not too distorted. Just wish I could set it to mono and clean the harmonics... Apparently, mono signals sound better in fringe areas on some radios.

I wonder if the Spanish pirate is misled or if they know they're illegal. I think you should go over and talk to someone there, checking into their situation.
Must be pretty strong now.

I totally understand... I probably won't get one, then. They're over $100 and I can just as easily get a 0.5 watt Chinese transmitter for a 3rd of that price. The Chinese really apparently know about stereo separation and good audio. LOL it's not perfect but at least it's not too distorted. Just wish I could set it to mono and clean the harmonics... Apparently, mono signals sound better in fringe areas on some radios.

I wonder if the Spanish pirate is misled or if they know they're illegal. I think you should go over and talk to someone there, checking into their situation.
Must be pretty strong now.

I'm sure they know. This is the same outfit that the FCC paid a visit last year when they were running on 99.7 and KVST made a complaint. The FCC's position these days is if there's a legitimate interference complaint then they will take action. I'm sure that's why they moved down to 87.9 -- a frequency that interferes with nobody.

This is a message to Joe and all who are watching this thread.

What Joe is doing is illegal for many reasons. Under White Space rules, the FCC requires that certain conditions are met. I've attached an FCC document which covers the conditions.

Joe. Please do not promote illegal operation on this website.

This thread is closed.

Attachments

• FCC Whitespace requirements.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom