• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jimmy Kimmel Reveals Vin Scully To Return For 67th Dodgers Season

Jimmy Kimmel tonight helped announce that longtime Dodgers play-by-play announcer Vin Scully will indeed be coming back next baseball season, marking his 67th year in the job. The pleasant surprise was revealed on the Dodgers videoboard during the second inning of tonight’s Dodgers-Cubs home game.

The short video showed Kimmel in his ABC studio, as he dropped cardboard signs saying that Scully “is back for one more year (at least). God bless us everyone.”

http://deadline.com/2015/08/vin-scully-jimmy-kimmel-los-angeles-dodgers-1201509830/

Which I'm sure thrilled his viewers in all the cities that have no idea who Vin Scully is.

Scully was the national voice of MLB for a while in the '80s on NBC. Granted, many of those who remember him from that stint aren't in Kimmel's dominant viewer demo, but still, this isn't like NY-centric Sirius XM assuming that everyone in the country knows who Chris Russo or Cousin Brucie is.

Which I'm sure thrilled his viewers in all the cities that have no idea who Vin Scully is.

I'm not so sure it was part of his show, from the way it was described. More likely pre-recorded and then couriered to Dodger Stadium.

Ah, yes, I see. Of course Kimmel is a repeat Friday night too. So perhaps he did it last night, and it was shown tonight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom