• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jim "Jimbo" Genovese Has Passed

K

KathyCunningham

I am so sorry to be the messenger of this sad news as I knew and loved Jim and recently re-connected with him via Facebook. Jim worked at WBAB, WLNG, WPAC, WSUF, WLIX and many other stations in NY and NJ..as well as WDUV..WFLA and a host of other stations in Florida 'twixt and 'tween the Tampa and Sarasota markets.
Jim epitomized your "live and local friendly DJ."
Jim was instrumental in getting me on to do my first show on WBAB. In fact..he was there that day.
I used to call Jim on air for a couple of years before that day in '72. He was always up..happy..entertaining..charming..engaging and a true friend to me. There are many likeminded as Jim was that way with everybody.
For a complete list of stations that Jim programmed or was on the air at..please go to JimGenovese.com.
I sadly, received the news of his passing from his Sister, Rose.

On behalf of Jim's family, Rose asked me to forward the following information to Jim's friends and listeners alike:

Jim “Jimbo” Genovese passed away suddenly on December 16, 2009. He was 61 years old.

Jim’s tremendous voice will live on in our hearts forever.

A service will be held on Monday, December 28, 2009, from 6-9 PM in NY at:

Vernon C Wagner Funeral Homes Inc
125 W Old Country Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801-4020
(516) 935-7100‎

A second service will be held in Florida, in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, the first week in January.
For details regarding the Florida memorial service, please contact Jim’s sister Rose Mauro at [email protected]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom