• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jess Cain induction to RHOF

M

michaelcain

We want to thank all of the people who worked over the past six years to get him into the Hall of Fame. Its a shame that he did not live long enough to enjoy this well deserved honor, but we are looking forward to going to Chicago to remember his style, his wit and his class.

Michael Cain

I'm really happy for Jesse and your family, Michael. It's bittersweet that this took so long and he never saw it.

Are there clips online anywhere of Jess?

I am not sure, but Pudge Flynn, my dad's long time engineer, put together a two cd package that has many of his best bits including song parodies, frank pedue and the dancing chickens, the window boys, hospital hospital, etc.

If you make a donation to the Jess Cain Scholarship in C/O of Emerson College 120 Boylston St 7th floor Boston MA 02116, they still have some cds left.

Mike, your Dad was an original and deserved the honor. I'm not trying to stir it up but it just didn't seem right that Howie Carr...a newspaper guy who just happened to get into radio...made it to the hall. He hasn't even done radio that long. I take nothing away from his talent but I think the hall should be for people who paid their dues for a long time and had a very long run becoming household names in their market...just like Jess Cain. Only my opinion of course.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom