• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jerry Doyle back on the air after being mugged in Germany

Jerry Doyle (who in my opinion might be the most underrated radio talk show host of our time) came on the show yesterday for the first 30 minutes to explain his recent absence.

It seems he was traveling alone in Germany when he was mugged from behind -- severely beaten in the head -- and hospitalized for about a week. He said he suffered a combination of pain and confusion.

His wallet with all his ID was stolen. He said it gave him new appreciation for what it's like to be in a desperate situation with no support network. He was able to call a friend in the States who flew to Germany to help out and accompany him home.

Had this happened to Limbaugh or Hannity it would have no doubt been front page news but I wasn't able to turn up anything about it with a Google search.

I hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I started listening to Doyle quite a few years ago when a local station carried his show and now listen to the stream out of Vegas when I can. To quote his network's blurb about the show (this stuff is usually BS but in this case it points out some of the things that make his show unique) -- http://www.trn1.com/the-jerry-doyle-show :

Jet pilot, Wall Street investment banker for 10 years, Hollywood star for 12 years, former congressional nominee and now radio giant who has earned his right to this spot for close to 9 years. Jerry Doyle is the future of talk radio. He will bring massive audiences through word of mouth because he is brilliant and funny, showing both emotional and intellectual range that is beyond rare.

The Jerry Doyle Show is eminently saleable. He understands the advertising business like few others; Jerry is a triple-rated William Morris Agency voice-over artist who has voiced national ads for AT&T, Chevrolet, TGI Fridays, Anheiser-Busch, Panasonic, The US Armed Forces and many others.

Jerry will work with his stations reading their ads and promo’s, because he understands radio isn’t about host ego, it’s about high levels of performance, and it’s about business.

Future of talk radio? I wouldn't hold my breath as long as audiences are willing to accept the totally politically driven status quo.

Had this happened to Limbaugh or Hannity it would have no doubt been front page news

They're more successful, so why wouldn't that be the case?

And the main story would be the reactions to all of the classless media thugs that would gloat over it.

They're more successful, so why wouldn't that be the case?

And the main story would be the reactions to all of the classless media thugs that would gloat over it.

Classless thug aptly describe your boy -to which I'll add; character assassin, liar, hypocrite and drug addict.

It reflects poorly on an industry that so richly rewarded a degenerate like that.

The declining years of commercial talk radio will not be judged kindly for what they did to make a buck over the last 20+ years.

LCG

Yeah, just like that, Ravens.

There might be talk about how poor a product public radio has produced these past decades, even with a generous taxpayer subsidy, but since no one listens, that garners about the same attention as did Mr. Doyle's misfortune.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom