• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's Spanish Christian on 104.7

Delmarva has put 104.7 back on the air and they have chosen to do CCM en Español as their format called "Buenas Nuevas". I also heard a few commercials so it appears they will keep the station a commercial license which may be a better chance for survival. This appears to be a satellite network that has stations in Memphis and Jacksonville on FM translators there so this may be the first full powered FM and the most Hispanic market they have yet. Of course with commercial Spanish-language stations struggling as it is can this really do much here? Seems like an ultra-niche format.

Another interesting thing I recently found is that a few weeks ago the FCC deleted the license of another Spanish Christian station, KQGC 91.1 out of Belen. Apparently it had been off the air the last few years. A station broadcasting off of Mt. Taylor, KEZF was recently granted a permit to move from 88.7 to 91.1 at 1kW C2 similar to KANM 90.3. Maybe they could try to change it to a C1 or C with that station now out of the way. It airs a format called "Music of the Rockies" based out of Wyoming with a mix of country, classic hits and AC. I think KKNS 1310 also tried to do some type of Spanish religious format and that also went off the air and was eventually donated to the Navajo Nation. So can that be malas nuevas for them?

107.1 is still off the air awaiting BBN to launch their church hymns format so every day can be Sunday morning. The call letters are now KYFV since Calvary moved KNKT to a station in Clovis which simulcasts KLYT.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom