• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It finally happened. KCPQ and KZJO acquired by FOX....

Last time I watched KOMO's 5PM newscast, Bottom Line with Boris was shown. I thought they threw that stuff to their 4:30 and 5am newscasts...apparently Sinclair must be a bit upset and forced them to air Boris at 5PM. Yuck. Commentaries do not belong on KOMO unless they are The Best of Ken Schram (may he always RIP).

Got more news about KCPQ...

Got more news about KCPQ...

Court TV is now on 13.2, and Court TV Mystery is now on 13.3.... (That last one was a surprise)

Nexstar puchased Tribune and has owned Q13 and Joe TV for a few weeks. Reports out today say Fox will purchase KCPQ/KZJO from Nexstar, as well as the Milwaukee Fox affiliate for an amount in excess of $300 million.

Not bad for a station (channel 13) that once sold for $378,000 -- although that was back in 1975. It resold for $6.25 million four years later, and $370 million twenty years after that...so I guess the price is down a little from the peak.

But the Fox O&O's local talent are not right wing though. Fox O&O's in San Francisco and Los Angeles had wildfire coverage recently and they said "Climate Change is Real and escalating" on some of the Wildfire segments some of the things that are not exactly "White House friendly" though when it comes to this topic though.

Really??? They most certainly are in Phoenix. I'm glad to hear that California might be different. Note that I said right LEANING, not far right wingers.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/report-san-jose-google-mega-campus-will-lead-to-increased-rents

Here is a sample of Fox Owned stations doing segments that are not exactly "Trump friendly" segments though. One of of them is about the housing issue in the Bay Area and how it's being addressed in debates though.

https://www.foxla.com/news/former-vice-president-al-gore-has-a-message-for-president-trump-resign

And Climate Change is the other issue that aired on Fox Owned stations that was not White House friendly too.

Maybe the Phoenix example is different?

KCPQ will now be under the Fox umbrella but I think the editorial department will let them cater to the audience. I may be wrong but still hopeful.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/report-san-jose-google-mega-campus-will-lead-to-increased-rents

Here is a sample of Fox Owned stations doing segments that are not exactly "Trump friendly" segments though. One of of them is about the housing issue in the Bay Area and how it's being addressed in debates though.

https://www.foxla.com/news/former-vice-president-al-gore-has-a-message-for-president-trump-resign

And Climate Change is the other issue that aired on Fox Owned stations that was not White House friendly too.

Maybe the Phoenix example is different?

Again, I said "right leaning", not hard right-wing. I'm not talking hard right Fox News here, but the Fox O&O's know their audience tends to be a bit more "right-leaning" in general. Apparently, I'm doing a poor job of expressing myself -- so I will just be quiet at this point. It appears that the posters on this board do not understand the nuances of the current politicized climate in this country.

Again, I said "right leaning", not hard right-wing. I'm not talking hard right Fox News here, but the Fox O&O's know their audience tends to be a bit more "right-leaning" in general. Apparently, I'm doing a poor job of expressing myself -- so I will just be quiet at this point. It appears that the posters on this board do not understand the nuances of the current politicized climate in this country.

Nonsense, formeraa. You have brought a lot of great input in the forum. I would hate to see you go.

Nonsense, formeraa. You have brought a lot of great input in the forum. I would hate to see you go.

Or maybe I've just lived in Arizona too long...

The Fox O&O in Phoenix did not cover the beginning of the impeachment hearings (during their 5.5. hour am show). All the other stations did cover it, including independent KTVK. That's what I mean by "right leaning" (apparently not important for their right-leaning audience).

Not true, FOX leaves their own tv station doing their editorial content. Besides why didn’t FOX drastically change their laser 2 logo into FOX owned and operated logo like their sister station in Detroit, WJBK? The only changes when Fox took over KTVU is more news entertainment news, news advertising cross promo, happy talk morning and evening newscast. Finally less high brow news when COX used to own this tv station for many years.

Last edited:
The sale is complete, new owners in the building yesterday, and a new news director. Given the huge slide in the news numbers over the past months I would expect to see changes.

The sale is complete, new owners in the building yesterday, and a new news director. Given the huge slide in the news numbers over the past months I would expect to see changes.

Have they announced a permanent replacement for Marni Hughes at the evening news desk?

I saw that on the lower 3rd earlier. at the end of one of their newscasts... 2020 FOX Televisions Stations Inc....

A shocker. Walter Kelley was an awesome meteorologist. He stood out from the weathermen on the Big 3 stations (4/5/7), to me he seemed to have a more upbeat personality even for evenings.
Wonder who will replace him? Parella Lewis is now at WYFF Greenville SC so she's out. I seem to remember a Mark Coleman (I thinkthat was his name) sometimes filling in for M.J. in the mornings about 10-12 yrs ago...is this man still doing any type of TV work?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom