• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

is Wild 94.9 going Top 40?

TheGrant

Inactive
Inactive User
I was just looking at KYLD's playlist. It has Kelly Clarkson, DHT, etc. Are they fading out of pure hip hop and RnB?

> I was just looking at KYLD's playlist. It has Kelly
> Clarkson, DHT, etc. Are they fading out of pure hip hop and
> RnB?

Actually, KYLD isn't the only one thats rediscovering the Pop stuff: KLUC/Las Vegas, WNVZ/Norfolk, WRDW/Philadelphia and WBBM-FM/Chicago also seem to be welcoming Kelly and DHT with open arms. Plus this is nothing new to Wild 94.9, since they have done this from time to time, depending on what musical trend they follow.

Chances are that most of the Rhythmics are starting to scale back on Hip-Hop product because of listeners showing less interest in hearing it 24/7 and increasing competition, not to mention seeing most of the Hip-Hop acts crossing over to mainstream Top 40 a lot more than ever.

As for whether KYLD will move towards Mainstream Top 40 that remains to be seen, but chances are that they will stay Rhythmic for now.

> > I'm not a Wild expert, but this really is nothing new. I remember them adding "All I Want to Do..." by Cheryl Crowe to the playlist in 199? on Wild 107, because I remember St. John trashing the song and the PD for following the crowd. The damn song was so popular, they probably played it in heavy rotation on KGO.

I was just looking at KYLD's playlist. It has Kelly
> > Clarkson, DHT, etc. Are they fading out of pure hip hop
> and
> > RnB?
>
> Actually, KYLD isn't the only one thats rediscovering the
> Pop stuff: KLUC/Las Vegas, WNVZ/Norfolk, WRDW/Philadelphia
> and WBBM-FM/Chicago also seem to be welcoming Kelly and DHT
> with open arms. Plus this is nothing new to Wild 94.9, since
> they have done this from time to time, depending on what
> musical trend they follow.
>
> Chances are that most of the Rhythmics are starting to scale
> back on Hip-Hop product because of listeners showing less
> interest in hearing it 24/7 and increasing competition, not
> to mention seeing most of the Hip-Hop acts crossing over to
> mainstream Top 40 a lot more than ever.
>
> As for whether KYLD will move towards Mainstream Top 40 that
> remains to be seen, but chances are that they will stay
> Rhythmic for now.
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom