• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

is there a myron jones in the house

• Thread starter RunWithScissors
  • Start date
R

RunWithScissors

I was in the Army with a guy named Myron Jones, this was around 1970/71 in Louisiana. He always talked about getting into radio and his favorite stations at that time were GO and JET, he was from Erie PA. A few days ago someone told me that he did make it big in Erie radio, can anyone confirm this, if so I would love to get in touch with him. We were good friends back then.

Myron Jones was one of Erie's finest radio owners. He owned WJET, and JET FM 102, as well as stations in the Youngstown market.

I had the honor of working for him, and competiting against him. He was truly a class man. Not sure if he's alive or not.

Thanks for the great info, I was stationed with him at Fort Polk Louisiana in 1971 and he always talked radio, he was not into real radio then he just talked about the Erie stations. He should be around 55 now my age if he is still kicking. I would love to know where he is and if he is still around....

Must be a different Myron Jones. My station, WCCK, competed against his AM, WJET from 1970-1976. Mr. Jones was about 55 then. Yes, that Myron Jones was an outstanding broadcaster.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom