• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Lily Jang returning to Seattle?

The former KCPQ star went to KHOU Houston in 2012, but resigned recently. No word on where she may land, but some rumors have her coming back to the NW. Who might it be? KCPQ seems to be set, but KING, KIRO, and KOMO may be interested. Nothing substantial yet, but the possiblities are there...could be nothing, but fun to speculate...

The former KCPQ star went to KHOU Houston in 2012, but resigned recently. No word on where she may land, but some rumors have her coming back to the NW. Who might it be? KCPQ seems to be set, but KING, KIRO, and KOMO may be interested. Nothing substantial yet, but the possiblities are there...could be nothing, but fun to speculate...

I think the headline here is: "KCPQ anchor got dream job in her hometown, but never quite catches on". This has happened to two former KCPQ anchors that I can think of -- Lily Jang and Lara Yamada.

Where would she go tho? 4, 7 & 13 seem to have stable morning teams. I don't think she would go to 5 as they are also owned by the same company who let her go in Houston. Also if she does come back most likely it would only be as a reporter. Also rumored for her staying in Houston and joining KTRK (ABC) or KPRC (NBC). In any event would be interesting to see where she ends up.

Ironic if Lily Jang comes back to Q13 Fox. She'll have to plan a reunion with Adam Gehrke and MJ McDermott! I believe Lily was at KCPQ when Kaci Aitchison joined the morning news, but I don't believe Lily and Bill Wixey did news together - just her and Mark Wright (now at KING/KONG).

Ironic if Lily Jang comes back to Q13 Fox. She'll have to plan a reunion with Adam Gehrke and MJ McDermott! I believe Lily was at KCPQ when Kaci Aitchison joined the morning news, but I don't believe Lily and Bill Wixey did news together - just her and Mark Wright (now at KING/KONG).

I think she might be a good fit at KOMO, frankly. They have been quietly looking for Kathi Goertzen's replacement for awhile now, and well...(fill in the blank)...

I think she might be a good fit at KOMO, frankly. They have been quietly looking for Kathi Goertzen's replacement for awhile now, and well...(fill in the blank)...

Isn't Mary Nam Kathi's replacement? I mean she's practically been co-anchoring evenings for at least 10 years now.

Mary Nam, Molly Shen, Eric Johnson, they've already got a good list of evening anchors - even post Dan Lewis.

According to an article from June Lily Jang has no plans to leave Houston so probably won't see her returning to Seattle even if it means leaving TV news.

Last edited:
According to an article from June Lily Jang has no plans to leave Houston so probably won't see her returning to Seattle even if it means leaving TV news.

OK fair enough, though I don't know what article you are referencing. I do know she was quite successful in Seattle, and would likely be an option. But, this is just speculation, admittedly.

It's pretty rare in the TV biz where an anchor leaves for a larger market, only to successfully return at a later date. Audience research has shown that your average viewer doesn't have a very long memory once an anchor departs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom