• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is it time for Radio one Detroit to make some changes?

Howard Dean

Inactive
Inactive User
WDMK's ratings are terrible, there getting it handed to them by 92.3 and even WGPR is tied with them. WHTD's ratings are arnt so good either but they would probably be better if The Rap/R&B format was moved back to 105.9. Only other thing I can think of them doing with 102.7 is Simulcasting 1200am WCHB or taking 102.7 Full time Gospel music.

http://wchb1200.com/home.asp

I have a feeling that Radio One will eventually move the Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B format back to 105.9 FM, to get better ratings with the hip-hop, but Radio One I think dont want to get rid of Tom Joyner Morning Show here in Detroit, but since Tom's ratings arent doing so good it probably dont matter if Tom Joyner in the morning dont come on here in Detroit no more.

Radio One could do two options below:

Option 1: Move to hip-hop from 102.7 to 105.9 and move the old school back to 102.7 from 105.9 and make 102.7 a r&b oldies station like it was before it was changed to hip-hop and keep Tom Joyner in the morning.

Option 2: Move the hip-hop from 102.7 to 105.9 and make 102.7 FM a Gospel Station or maybe even a simulcast of 1200 AM, which might not be such a big advantage for Detroit because AM 1200 has way better coverage than 102.7 FM, you can hear 1200 AM all the way up in Flint, Michigan.

To tell you the truth I dont know what Radio One should do, these are just some suggestions I have for Radio One Detroit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom