• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Interesting paradox among DXers

Len14043

Inactive
Inactive User
Some of us are fearful of HD and the implications it will have on analog Dxing. On the other hand, HD will open up new challanges for DXers. Among DXers as a group, I find it ironic that while some of us are staunchly opposed to HD and hopes for it's early demise, we are also among the early adopters! <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Len14043 on 02/05/06 07:07 AM.</FONT></P>

> Some of us are fearful of HD and the implications it will
> have on analog Dxing. On the other hand, HD will open up new
> challanges for DXers. Among DXers as a group, I find it
> ironic that while some of us are staunchly opposed to HD and
> hopes for it's early demise, we are also among the early
> adopters!
>

Indeed! I am too a DXer, yet an engineer. I have been ripped big time on other DX boards. I just try to bring what the reality is to what is happening with HD. But, I have been DXing HD signals already. Kind of what the HDTV people are doing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom