• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Inquiry: Shenango Valley radio

If someone is taking a trip toward Mercer County for a few days, what stations would you recommend? The trip is from Pittsburgh so the pre-sets also will include some hometown offerings receptable there, but give me some suggestions, AM and FM. Thank you.

I would be remiss if I didn't suggest listening to the station of my alma mater, WSAJ 91.1 Grove City... you should be able to lock it north of the PA-528/Evans City exit on I-79 (definitely by exit 99). Classical by day, BBC news, jazz at night, and some fun weekend programming.

The Youngstown stations are pretty much standard fare compared to other similar sized markets - two big owners in Clear Channel and Cumulus covering the popular formats. WKBN 570 has local news/talk during much of the day.

Sometimes it is also fun to see how many "Froggy" country stations you can get in one given location. Around Grove City with a good tuner, you can get 95.1 (the local Froggy), 95.5 Johnstown, 98.5 Oil City, 100.3 Meadville, 103.5 Burgettstown, and 104.3 Moon Twp...

Thank you, I had totally forgotten WSAJ.

Also, I've long enjoyed WKBN when I'm tired of Pittsburgh news/talk and can scan for 570.

Meanwhile, what makes the Frogs so interesting up there is exactly what you pointed out -- the number of different types of Frogs. I regularly can scan for Johnstown's Froggy 95.5 in my neck of the woods as well as some if not all of the stations carrying the Pittsburgh Froggy simulcast.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom