• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeartRadio Goes Back To School

I am NOT pleased with Logitech and their Squeezebox. It appears that they have no applications engineers/programmers on staff anymore after making what started out as a really great Internet radio. The Logitech Squeezebox will NOT play any Clear Channel stations in my state anymore.
Logitech does NOT have an "iHeartRadio.com" application either. If you just enter the call letters you get a 'this station (or format) is not supported' over and over or a 404 error. So it appears there are no WMA links anymore and the radio won't support versions of AAC+ , so my 6 month internet radio is crap already. Thanks Logitech for not providing tech support for what could have been a superior product.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I shouldn't have to run a computer to run an Intenet radio - that defeats the purpose of having an internet radio, so that 'Maw & Paw' can listen to the new 'radio' without having to have a computer. Anybody else have an internet radio that supports the iHeartRadio dot com links?

JohnnyElectron said:
I am NOT pleased with Logitech and their Squeezebox. It appears that they have no applications engineers/programmers on staff anymore after making what started out as a really great Internet radio. The Logitech Squeezebox will NOT play any Clear Channel stations in my state anymore.
Logitech does NOT have an "iHeartRadio.com" application either. If you just enter the call letters you get a 'this station (or format) is not supported' over and over or a 404 error. So it appears there are no WMA links anymore and the radio won't support versions of AAC+ , so my 6 month internet radio is crap already. Thanks Logitech for not providing tech support for what could have been a superior product.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I shouldn't have to run a computer to run an Intenet radio - that defeats the purpose of having an internet radio, so that 'Maw & Paw' can listen to the new 'radio' without having to have a computer. Anybody else have an internet radio that supports the iHeartRadio dot com links?

Logitech appears to have pretty much abandon support for their Squeezebox. But at the same time, part of the blame is on the app developers. In the case of Iheartradio I would blame Clear Channel.

I am observing how Grace Digital Audio's new player "Mondo" evolves. So far it looks like a good competitor to the Squeezebox. It supports Iheartradio, though I am not sure how well it works.

Yes, I wish that Clear Channel would simply write the APP and GIVE it to Logitech to put on their website - they have everything to gain (like access to all their damn stations again) by writing the APP and making it available both on iHeartRadio.com and on Logitech's website.
Logitech has been non-responsive to my requests.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom