• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

IHeartMedia Sacramento Brings AC To 92.5 The Breeze

http://www.insideradio.com/free/ihe...cle_afe4d74c-e38d-11e8-9990-679d567bf25a.html

Yes The Breeze is coming to Sacramento on 92.5 FM and it will come out on November 12th.

98.1 FM San Francisco is the most notable AC Station owned by Iheartmedia to use the Breeze as its branding.

A three station, two-signal adjustment by iHeartMedia in the Sacramento market culminates with the return of AC to the 92.5 dial position with the upcoming launch of “92.5 The Breeze” KBEB. As the Breeze blows in, “92.5 The Bull”, home of the Bobby Bones Show, moves up the dial to 107.1, while “Sacramento’s Smooth Jazz Network” heads to the iHeartRadio app.

The changes will begin Monday at 3pm as “92.5 The Breeze” debuts with 10,000 songs in a row, commercial free, from the likes of Celine Dion, Rod Stewart, Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton and Vanessa Williams. In its previous time as an AC outlet, the station employed the calls of KGBY and was known as “Y-92.”

“No doubt many in Sacramento will remember the station 92.5 for its decades-long heritage as an adult contemporary station and one of the top stations in the market,” senior VP/programming Curtiss Johnson said. “I’m happy to say we’re bringing that format back to adult contemporary. 92.5 The Breeze is the perfect station for relaxing to favorites while you work, unwinding after a long day or just for getting into that weekend frame of mind.”

A good move on iHeart’s part. Three country outlets in Sacramento was overkill at its worst.

Until recently KBEB was getting a credible 3 share, and was the #2 country station behind Entercom's heritage KNCI. iHeart flipped the station in order to get its syndicated Bobby Bones show cleared in the market. The surprise is that Entravision stays with country on KNTY, which is now getting a 2 share.

Back about 18 years ago...my daughter was working at a pet shop in Concord, NH. One afternoon, when I happened to be in there, their phone rang...
It was the Morning Team......from KGBY!! They had just picked a phone # at random from a NH phone book....
Long story short.....I got on the line and sang "Happy Birthday" to a woman they'd called earlier....
For her birthday, the station gave her a dozen roses, a box of Godiva chocolates....and a weekend for 2 in Tahoe!!!
For my singing effort.....I got a T-shirt.....and a bubble pipe!:)
Yep...I still have both.....Think I'll "bronze" the shirt, now......!!;)

I agree - good move and many on this board have questioned how long 3 country stations are viable in this market. KNTY will again get a slightly larger slice of the pie so they should be happy. I'm skeptical how long The Bull format remains on 107.1. Will 92.5 get new calls?

Soft AC has been a format hole in Sacramento - KYMX like most other AC's is too uptempo and you won't hear much Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Rod, etc. KISQ is killing the ratings in SF, likely 92.5 will use the same formula. Now all iHeart needs to do is put a Triple A on 107.1!!

I agree - good move and many on this board have questioned how long 3 country stations are viable in this market. KNTY will again get a slightly larger slice of the pie so they should be happy. I'm skeptical how long The Bull format remains on 107.1. Will 92.5 get new calls?

Soft AC has been a format hole in Sacramento - KYMX like most other AC's is too uptempo and you won't hear much Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Rod, etc. KISQ is killing the ratings in SF, likely 92.5 will use the same formula. Now all iHeart needs to do is put a Triple A on 107.1!!

As of 1PM PT, still a lot of "bull" on 92.5.

Any bets on whether they'll launch all Christmas?

Wind Beneath My Wings? HA! The Breeze!!!! What time did they go on the air with the new format?
Thought that was an interesting choice also :) The format launch took place at 3:02PM. I noted 107.1 was already running a separate country playlist (completely different songs) with the “107.1 The Bull” liners around 2:45PM.

Bette Midler - Wind Beneanth My Wings rather than Frosty the Snowman!

In Fact KISQ San Francisco the Original Breeze just ran with Wind Beneath my Wings Just now

Wednesday, Nov 14
Add to Playlist
Too Much Heaven - Bee Gees
Too Much Heaven
Bee Gees
4:47 AM
Free Fallin' - Tom Petty
Free Fallin'
Tom Petty
4:40 AM
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
Wind Beneath My Wings
Bette Midler
4:32 AM

https://981thebreeze.iheart.com/music/recently-played/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom