• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I’ve had enough of this Schnitt!

The WOR morning show is a disaster, and for one main reason – Todd Schnitt. This guy is narcissistic beyond belief.

I’ve given the show a pretty good chance to grow on me but I can’t take it anymore. I enjoyed Len Berman and Joe Bartlett when they did the show for the two weeks in December while Schnitt was away. Oddly enough I’m more in agreement politically with Schnitt than Berman and Bartlett so that’s not what this is about.

The show should focus on what’s in the news, not what’s in Todd Schnitt’s head. For more than a week now Schnitt has obsessed throughout the show about a car accident he was involved in – the car straddled a guard rail and was totaled but nobody was hurt. Enough! If he was a great storyteller or had a flair for humor it might work. But Schnitt comes off as a loudmouth who brings everything around to himself – the kind of guy you'd like to get out of your face at a party.

Putting producer Natalie on the air doesn’t help either – another loudmouth with nothing to contribute. What a contrast from J.J. Kennedy’s wonderful soft-spoken sense of humor.

A two-host show relies on chemistry, right? There’s clearly no chemistry here. This morning it almost came to a head when Berman attempted to get a word in during Schnitt’s rant about Leonardo DiCaprio’s Oscar acceptance speech. He literally couldn’t break through and was obviously angry and upset, with good reason. He came very close to losing it. This is not good radio.

KFI’s “John & Ken” is an example of a successful talk show. There’s great chemistry between the two and you’ll notice they always say, “we,” instead of “I,” even when one of them is off for the day. With Schnitt it’s always, “I.” “I’ve booked a guest this morning,” “I have an audio clip here,” “Here’s what’s on my list of top stories,” etc. It may seem trivial but it’s telling. I don’t know how Len Berman takes it. He must be at a point in life where he doesn’t need this kind of humiliation. I’ve come to believe that this show doesn’t have a very long future but time will tell.

As for the competition, I started listening to Len & Todd because I thought it would be a better alternative to Imus, but l’ve changed my mind. I’ve tuned in Imus a few times lately expecting to hear the usual scripted schtick, but actually heard some good discussion. Maybe they’re relying less on the canned bits, or maybe I didn’t listen long enough, but overall it seems like a better show.

I’ve never been an Imus fan but you can actually learn something from his show. Imus is an original with original ideas but how much longer can he keep this up given his age and his health?

If Imus retires, or his and the other members of the show’s contracts aren’t renewed, WOR should fire Schnitt and hire Warner Wolf.

“Berman & Wolf” – that’s a show I’d like to hear!

If Imus retires, or his and the other members of the show’s contracts aren’t renewed, WOR should fire Schnitt and hire Warner Wolf.!

One problem. Schnitt broadcasts from Tampa (my region) and WOR can't fire him, because he is not broadcasting from that station, but affiliated with his show. However, they can not renew his contract as an affiliate, but his show will be elsewhere. The only people that can fire him is iHeart in Tampa Bay (970 WFLA), Premiere Networks and/or iHeartMedia (nationwide) itself.

Schnitt does two shows ... the syndicated afternoon show and a relatively new local morning show for WOR. I believe he moved from Tampa to NY to do the WOR show which is co-hosted by Len Berman, although he might split his time between both cities.

Schnitt does dominate the show,but I still enjoy listening to it. When Todd was off it was a much better flow with Bartlett and Berman. He did move to New York when the show began in January of last year. Remember when WOR ran Elliot Seigal's show from DC101 Washington for about a month? That had to be the biggest bomb in WOR history. A morning show on an alternative station aimed at men 18 to 34 broadcast out of DC contrasted to the remainder of the day . From what I understand WOR was going after Imus when John Gambling retired and when that didn't pan out they used another Iheart station's morning show. I wonder if anybody actually heard the show on DC101 before they began airing it? The show lasted about a month. Hilary Barskie took over mornings until Len and Todd arrived. I always thought Hilary and Len would have been a nice pairing. Wonder why they settled on Schnitt?

One problem. Schnitt broadcasts from Tampa (my region) and WOR can't fire him ...

Not correct. He relocated to New York. The morning show is a WOR/iHeartMedia product.

His afternoon show is syndicated by Compass Media Networks. WFLA is technically the flagship station for that show, however, but it's relayed from NYC and produced in Tampa.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom