• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hudson Valley's 94.3 Lite FM Commercial Free Weekdays

Townsquare Media's 94.3 Lite FM ( WKXP Kingston) is a good station . At times I enjoy their good variety lite favorites from the 70's onward. One thing bugs me though, has since they started it last year. Their big promotion is "commercial free weekdays". Nobody, certainly not me expects a commercial radio station could possibly go all workday without commercials. Much as we don't like them , the bills must be paid. What they do is cluster all the commercials into one longish break at about 50 minutes past the hour. That is not commercial free then. I guess commercial free weekdays sounds more attractive than 50 minutes continuous music every hour. I may be nit-picking , but I think they should be honest about it .

Townsquare Media's 94.3 Lite FM ( WKXP Kingston) is a good station . At times I enjoy their good variety lite favorites from the 70's onward. One thing bugs me though, has since they started it last year. Their big promotion is "commercial free weekdays". Nobody, certainly not me expects a commercial radio station could possibly go all workday without commercials. Much as we don't like them , the bills must be paid. What they do is cluster all the commercials into one longish break at about 50 minutes past the hour. That is not commercial free then. I guess commercial free weekdays sounds more attractive than 50 minutes continuous music every hour. I may be nit-picking , but I think they should be honest about it .
And of course, there’s only one thing, WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” is starting to compete with both WKXP’s “Lite-FM” and WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies”, and they’re continuing to do battle.

WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” has been there since last year where they dumped the country format and goes to an oldies/AC format to go after “Fox Oldies” and “Lite-FM”. The station had a terrible signal when it reaches Poughkeepsie, but I hope WGHQ needs to expand its signal coverage and another frequency at 97.3 to get “Magic” to Poughkeepsie so you can get oldies/AC hybrid on there.

WGHQ has done a terrific job with the soft oldies format where they are now starting to have a competition between WKXP’s “Lite-FM” and WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies”, but WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” is much better station than “Fox Oldies” and “Lite-FM”.

If “Magic” succeeds, maybe WGHQ will expand its signal coverage on FM where it reaches Poughkeepsie someday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom