• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How Many Radio and TV Stations are there in the USA...answer is...

The FCC released the following totals as if June 30, 2015 of licensed radio and TV stations:

Commercial FM stations 6,666
FM translators and boosters 6,366
AM Stations 4,698
FM Educational 4,091
LPFM Stations 1,149

TV Stations 2,207
TV Translators 3,711
LPTV Stations 1,920

Grand Total TV & Radio: Licensed facilities 30,808

I find it scary that there are only 300 fewer FM translators on the air than there are commercial full-power FMs.

And I worry about how many of those are owned by EMF and Calvary.

I find it scary that there are only 300 fewer FM translators on the air than there are commercial full-power FMs.

And I worry about how many of those are owned by EMF and Calvary.

I would be willing to guess 250-350 of them are owned and operated by EMF.

I would be willing to guess 250-350 of them are owned and operated by EMF.

EMF has at least 250 translators on the air and applications for around another 350 or so. I believe they own nearly 250 full power stations as well. Their programming is also heard on a lot of station they don't own, making them one of the biggest broadcasters there is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom