• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How have the talk ratings changed with Rush Limbaugh gone.

It should far enough out from the death of Rush to see accurate numbers on his time slot. How have the numbers changed from his show vs his replacements.

Which syndicated talker is doing better in that time slot, Dan Bongino or Clay Travis and Buck Sexton?

It's hard to compare because the stations they're each on are so different. Bongino is primarily on Cumulus stations, while Clay & Buck are on iHeart. In Los Angeles, Clay & Buck are on KEIB, while Bongino is on KABC. Once again, the daypart numbers aren't public, so it's hard to really know.

For me personally, there's not much to get interested in. The last time I listened to a political talk show, I think it was Rush's replacement and I was on the way to the beach in an area where none of the radio stations played music I wanted to hear.

When he was on, I would listen whenever I was in the car when he was on. Part of that was not having music I really enjoyed.

I wonder what could be gleaned from these stations' overall ratings. Some had strong lineups other than in Rush's spot, others were Rush, syndication and not much else.

It's interesting how Rush's audience got split over several talk shows, backed by several radio companies. But each show is largely limited to radio stations owned by the parent company.

--iHeart-owned Premiere Networks have Clay Travis & Buck Sexton from Noon to 3 p.m. ET. They probably have the most affiliates because iHeart owns the most talk stations.

--Cumulus-owned Westwood One has Dan Bongino. Noon to 3 p.m. ET.

--The Salem Media Networks use a combination of Dennis Prager and Charlie Kirk on their talk stations.

--Audacy stations tried using Dana Loesch but she didn't work out too well. Most Audacy talk stations have either pushed her to late nights or off the schedule entirely, which is what WTIC Hartford recently did.

--Cox uses Erick Erickson, based at WSB Atlanta.

I honestly don't know how anyone listens to Bongino. Topic disagreements aside, he is so acerbic and grating. I can't imagine listening to him for 30 minutes, let alone multiple hours a day.
OK, but how is that any different from Rush, really? And the few times I've heard Bongino, he does mention experience he had as a Secret Service officer and NYPD officer, so even though he's definitely right wing he does bring some experience to the table. He doesn't yell and sound like he's about to break a blood vessel, like Levin.

I have no idea how his show rates compared to the other shows, or to Rush, but I can't see how he would be any worse than Rush to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom