• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HOT AC Vs. Modern AC

Its 2010, and not 1996. I think almost all modern AC format has absored into HOT AC stations. I don't think there's any difference between HOT AC and Modern AC today. Alice 97.3 in San Francisco, Mix 104.9 in Santa Rosa, 101.7 KCDU, Mix 104.1 Boston, 101.9 THE MIX is now more of HOT AC station than 10 years ago.

If there's any difference between Modern AC and HOT AC let me know.

There's a Modern AC station in Huntsville which focuses primarily on adult alternative chart-toppers from the 90s to now, along with a few deeper cuts not heard on typical Hot ACs. I think that's your biggest difference: Hot ACs are going to have more rhythmic-leaning/CHR-leaning titles, whereas Modern ACs are not.

The most conservative Alternative stations such as WRFF/Philadelphia have become the Modern ACs of this era.

KYSR/LA is on the border of Alternative and Modern AC.

I am listening to a very enjoyable Modern AC right now...96 FM/Perth Australia. If U.S modern ACs would have stayed that course they would sound something like this station today.

I would have said KQKQ in Omaha was Modern AC, and they still are close, but they have started adding in some of the poppier titles into their playlist, where before, they never would have touched Lady Gaga or Taio Cruz

SilverTonicFree said:
I would have said KQKQ in Omaha was Modern AC, and they still are close, but they have started adding in some of the poppier titles into their playlist, where before, they never would have touched Lady Gaga or Taio Cruz
Yeah, at one point I would have also said KQKQ was modern AC, but noticed that they current play La Roux and Ke$ha. Jason Derulo was in rotation about a month or two ago. One modern AC that started in the mid to late 90s boom and still sounds like a true modern AC is KPTE (99.7 The Point) Durango, Colorado.

The Pulse on SiriusXM (X026) is pretty close to a Mod AC, KUCD is another off the top of my head, but as KQKQ realized...it is almost impossible to not add in the La Roux's and Mike Posner's and you just cant be any sort of pop-esqe station without a Lady Gaga presence.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom