• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HOT AC, 2012 (Who & What Will Make it?)

atlantaboy said:
KDM 7000 said:
"We found love" sounds like it can be appropriate depending on how you think of it. It does seem like something that's good enough to appeal to the AC crowd.

On one level I guess it's similar to, say, a Madonna song from the 80s - but then it has that long pitch-bending sequence and repeats the same lyrics over and over...

I think it sounds fine on most Hot ACs, though

Well, as times change, there has to be a first time for everything. This is probably the first time a song of that structure also containing some Adult Contemporary qualities has had this much success. It's sort of like the first time when Hot Ac's had to start playing songs with rap. At one point, Lady Gaga sounded funny on AC.

KDM 7000 said:
atlantaboy said:
KDM 7000 said:
"We found love" sounds like it can be appropriate depending on how you think of it. It does seem like something that's good enough to appeal to the AC crowd.

On one level I guess it's similar to, say, a Madonna song from the 80s - but then it has that long pitch-bending sequence and repeats the same lyrics over and over...

I think it sounds fine on most Hot ACs, though

Well, as times change, there has to be a first time for everything. This is probably the first time a song of that structure also containing some Adult Contemporary qualities has had this much success. It's sort of like the first time when Hot Ac's had to start playing songs with rap. At one point, Lady Gaga sounded funny on AC.

I guess I agree to some extent, but it sems like you're wanting AC and HAC to play everything that CHR plays, so I guess I don't really understand what would differentiate these formats (if it happened like you're wanting it to...)

You can't have the entire radio dial all playing the same songs

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom