• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HOT 102.7 FM HAS LOW RATINGS AND NEEDS LISTENERS TO KEEP STAYING ON THE AIR

H

Human Numan

Hot 102.7 has low ratings - see Detroit Arbitron ratings for Summer 2008 http://www.arbitron.com .

Hot 102.7 is losing the battle with 97.9 FM WJLB also known as FM 98 WJLB.

Hot 102.7 ratings is so low that they are trying a new morning show hosted by comedian Rickey Smiley that is very funny to try to get higher ratings for HOT 102.7.

HOT 102.7 needs more listeners so that they can stay on the air and it is very important DETROIT - DETROIT CITY!

So I need everyone that reads this who loves hip-hop to please please help Hot 102.7 get higher ratings by making the switch to HOT 102.7 from FM 98 WJLB for your hip-hop and R&B.

Everybody tell your friends about HOT 102.7, listen to Hot 102.7 in your car, at home or at work if your boss lets you listen to the radio at work.
You can also listen to Hot 102.7 online if you work in an office building because Hot 102.7 has poor reception on radios here in metro Detroit.

Go to: http://www.hot1027detroit.com

HOT 102.7 has a great morning show from 6 AM to 10 AM that is very funny.

HOT 102.7 is owned by an African American owned broadcasting company named Radio One.

http://www.radio-one.com

If we metro Detroiters dont listen to Hot 102.7 it will be shut down by RADIO ONE like the former 93.1 DRQ - Detroit's #1 Hit Music Station which was taken off the air by ABC/Disney radio which was bought out by Citadel Broadcasting.

http://www.citadelbroadcasting.com

I loved 93.1 DRQ cause they played hip-hop and rock and pop music. I dont want to see what happened to 93.1 DRQ happen to HOT 102.7, come on Detroit we can't have a repeat of a good station dying here in Detroit.

Please help Radio One Broadcasting's Hot 102.7 get better ratings so that they can stay on the air by listening to them so that me and we all can still listen to HOT 102.7.

Thank You Detroit!

Heh. 102.7 has somewhat of a signal disadvantage, for starters. WJLB has the heritage.

But goes what: you're reaching less than 0.001% of diaryholders by posting here. Better expand your crusade, if it is to work!

Radio One own this station. That the main Problem . Radio One Sucks ! Not all African American companies are good for African American . ask African American living in Boston(me) and Los Angeles about Radio One killing off Good Urban stations ( WILD/Boston and 100.3 The Beat/L.A. ).

rapking said:
Radio One own this station. That the main Problem . Radio One Sucks ! Not all African American companies are good for African American . ask African American living in Boston(me) and Los Angeles about Radio One killing off Good Urban stations ( WILD/Boston and 100.3 The Beat/L.A. ).

I disagree.

I think that Radio One has been doing a great job with their Detroit owned stations cause the formats appeal to African Americans like me living in Detroit like AM 1200-Gospel,
FM 102.7 Hip-Hop and R&B and FM 105.9 - Old Skool/New Sckool R&B Hits.

Detroit and some of the surrounding suburbs outside of Detroit has a very heavy African American population, so Radio One is fit very good to broadcast radio stations here in Detroit aimed at African American listeners.

Im 21 years old and I like Rap, so my favorite Radio One Station and the only one I listen to mostly is Hot 102.7 FM, and Hot 102.7 music is good, but they need a stronger signal.

Summing up pbf1's words...

Human Numan, do you know anyone in the Detroit market that reads this board who also happens to have a diary?  Doubt it.

(Unless you have one ;D)

Human Numan-Another problem plaguing HOT 102.7 is that Radio One does almost NO ADVERTISING for their stations. They run it very cheaply. If they really cared, seriously, about getting the message to the African American community, they would be spending money on their marketing. Radio One USED to be a much better run RADIO company and had some great stations. They are over leveraged now and are doing exactly what every other radio company is doing....not spending. But when you have a signal disadvantage such as HOT does, you need to spend some money to get people to know about your station and try it out, especially when you have a new morning show. Many people on this board, for the most part, are media people and/or radio people. Many do not qualify for an Arbitron diary or PPM because of that reason. You're shouting in the forest to be heard here. We understand your passion, but for the most part, cannot help you.

Detroit/Re: HOT 102.7 FM HAS LOW RATINGS AND NEEDS LISTENERS TO KEEP STAYING ON THE AIR

radio one gonna **** up hot 1027 lide did in la and boston i like fm 98 its true to city of d town.

Here's the bottom line...102.7 is a cursed frequency and has been for some time.

Here's why: The station broadcasts from a tower near 15 1/2 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue in Clinton Township, just south of Mount Clemens. You've got half of the signal blowing into Lake St. Clair and into the rural parts of the lower Thumb area, including southern Lake Huron. There's not enough signal coverage to hit the West Side or the Downriver area, and coverage within the city itself is spotty at best.

And if that wasn't enough, you can't move it a foot. You have to protect 102.5 in Saginaw and 102.9 in Ann Arbor. This is a challenge with a 50,000 watt signal.

I worked for the owners who put this station on the air as WBRB-FM in the early 1960's. They never intended this station to be a Detroit competitor, but rather a full-service station serving the Macomb County and surrounding areas. It was fine for the time, but eventually, technology platforms developed that allowed Detroit radio and television to serve this area just fine. They no longer needed their local radio station serving them exclusively.

I can't see this station being successful at any format other than Country, to tell you the truth. There's no other audience within the reach of its signal that would really listen to it.

In closing, if WDRQ didn't keep this format, why should WHTD? If the format is that successful, then why isn't someone else doing it? These are the realities of the radio business.

kenhawk1160 said:
Here's the bottom line...102.7 is a cursed frequency and has been for some time.

Here's why: The station broadcasts from a tower near 15 1/2 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue in Clinton Township, just south of Mount Clemens. You've got half of the signal blowing into Lake St. Clair and into the rural parts of the lower Thumb area, including southern Lake Huron. There's not enough signal coverage to hit the West Side or the Downriver area, and coverage within the city itself is spotty at best.

And if that wasn't enough, you can't move it a foot. You have to protect 102.5 in Saginaw and 102.9 in Ann Arbor. This is a challenge with a 50,000 watt signal.

I worked for the owners who put this station on the air as WBRB-FM in the early 1960's. They never intended this station to be a Detroit competitor, but rather a full-service station serving the Macomb County and surrounding areas. It was fine for the time, but eventually, technology platforms developed that allowed Detroit radio and television to serve this area just fine. They no longer needed their local radio station serving them exclusively.

I can't see this station being successful at any format other than Country, to tell you the truth. There's no other audience within the reach of its signal that would really listen to it.

In closing, if WDRQ didn't keep this format, why should WHTD? If the format is that successful, then why isn't someone else doing it? These are the realities of the radio business.

Your absolutely right this station transmitting at 102.7 MHz on FM in Macomb County, Michigan will not get high ratings with any format or do good at all in the Metro Detroit area including the city and the suburbs in the inner metro Detroit Area and western Detroit metro area like Canton, Michigan and downriver toward Monroe, Michigan, because cant nobody get it. it is very hard to pick this station up and of course people will tune in to Hip-Hop/Rap competitor WJLB FM 98 at 97.9 MHz on FM transmitting from Highland Park, Michigan with 50,000 watts and a almost crystal clear signal even on very bad radios, or not so good radio receivers in the inner Detroit Metro Area including the inner city of Detroit, Michigan. 98 WJLB goes everywhere like to Ann Arbor, Monroe and almost to Toledo, Ohio, but Hot 102.7 does not and Radio One is suffering which is bad for them, but it is not my problem, it's theres.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom