• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot 101.5.

WPOI isn't the only Urban AC station in Tampa...Are we forgetting WTMP AM?? Even if the station does an FM simulcast, WTMP would be a competitor.
But why flip Hot 101.5 which it's doing well in the ratings and billing??

Hopefully the the recent flip won't infect 933FLZ's playlist and try to get away from what they had been playing just to compete at some level.

EJ Grieg appointed Director of Branding and Programming for WTBV 101.5 The Vibe.
He was most recently at WBLX and WDLT Mobile with previous stops in Cincinnati, Lansing MI + Norfolk VA.

DJ Ekin has also been named as local voice on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show.

I think they don’t realize there is an AM station also having an Urban AC in the market or mean that it is the only FM R&B in the market.

Not sure what AM you mean, but there is also 95.7, whose on-air positioning is “Hip Hop and R&B”. Therefore 101.5 is not Tampa Bay’s only R&B.

Not sure what AM you mean, but there is also 95.7, whose on-air positioning is “Hip Hop and R&B”. Therefore 101.5 is not Tampa Bay’s only R&B.
But 95.7 isn’t going after adults as they did in the past - it’s younger targeting, and has been that way for a few years now.

But 95.7 isn’t going after adults as they did in the past - it’s younger targeting, and has been that way for a few years now.

I know that and you know that. But that doesn’t change the fact that 95.7’s slogan is “Hip Hop and R&B” which means some portion of their programming includes R&B.

Meanwhile, over at WLLD, one has to wonder how they’ll benefit from 95.7 and 101.5 on one end of the R&B spectrum while dealing with 93.3 at the end of the Top 40/CHR spectrum. Wild 94.1 seems to doing well ratings wise even with the competition surrounding them.

Um... I just found out that WTMP isn't Urban AC but is Urban Oldies so I think they mean that 101.5 is the only station that does only both new and old R&B.

Back
Top Bottom