• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Here we go again....

J

JamzUSA

From All Access:

Texas AM To Go Sports
M&M BROADCASTERS Classic Country KTFW-A (simulcasting with its sister FM)/BURLESON-CLEBURNE, TX is flipping to Sports on NOVEMBER 1. The station will pick up PREMIERE's FOX SPORTS RADIO and PREMIERE's JIM ROME.

> From All Access:
>
> Texas AM To Go Sports
> M&M BROADCASTERS Classic Country KTFW-A (simulcasting with
> its sister FM)/BURLESON-CLEBURNE, TX is flipping to Sports
> on NOVEMBER 1. The station will pick up PREMIERE's FOX
> SPORTS RADIO and PREMIERE's JIM ROME.
>
I wonder how this will affect the staff of KTFW -FM,since it was assumed by many they would go to the AM,once the transaction of ownership had taken place?

> From All Access:
>
> Texas AM To Go Sports
> M&M BROADCASTERS Classic Country KTFW-A (simulcasting with
> its sister FM)/BURLESON-CLEBURNE, TX is flipping to Sports
> on NOVEMBER 1. The station will pick up PREMIERE's FOX
> SPORTS RADIO and PREMIERE's JIM ROME.
>

The biggest problem in Dallas radio is that there are way too many marginal suburban signals on both AM and FM that think they are or can be players in the market.

HR

> > From All Access:
> >
> > Texas AM To Go Sports
> > M&M BROADCASTERS Classic Country KTFW-A (simulcasting with
>
> > its sister FM)/BURLESON-CLEBURNE, TX is flipping to Sports
>
> > on NOVEMBER 1. The station will pick up PREMIERE's FOX
> > SPORTS RADIO and PREMIERE's JIM ROME.
> >
> I wonder how this will affect the staff of KTFW -FM,since it
> was assumed by many they would go to the AM,once the
> transaction of ownership had taken place?
>

Moreover, does this do anything to explain why The Ranch folks bought KTFW in the first place? It seems like the pieces are being put in place, but I can't figure out KFWR & co's next move.

> >
> Moreover, does this do anything to explain why The Ranch
> folks bought KTFW in the first place? It seems like the
> pieces are being put in place, but I can't figure out KFWR &
> co's next move.
>

Yes, it makes perfect sense. The Ranch gets rid of a competitor in the country music format.

My guess is that they're also getting money (probably in the form of being paid to run a bunch of spots) from Fox Sports just to keep the format on the air in this market.

November 1st, huh? that must mean that 990 is going dark regardless. Wonderful. Well, goodbye Dave Schum...and congradulations on ruining radio for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom