• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Heather Moore Leaves 3TV

On July 13th, Heather Moore posted on her official TV Facebook that July 9th was her last night with 3TV.

She did not elaborate if she would be joining another station or something away from TV news. She said she will now have her nights available for her family.

I knew someone was likely to leave, once Yetta was put on nights. It's clear that they are trying to make Yetta the main evening anchor. Of course, they have many hours of news to fill, so they might need to bring someone else in.

I knew someone was likely to leave, once Yetta was put on nights. It's clear that they are trying to make Yetta the main evening anchor. Of course, they have many hours of news to fill, so they might need to bring someone else in.
Between their regular anchors, weather-guessers, and a few field reporters, they have more than enough people that have anchored news at KTVK/KPHO, and are capable of doing so. April Warnecke anchored the noon news today, for example.

Heather's awesome. She'll be missed. I wonder if it was her choice.
Agreed. Kind of surprising (if not insulting) that she didn't get a final "farewell" on-air, considering her dozen-or-so years of service. Overall, Heather is a class act, and will be regarded as one of Phoenix's best news anchors of the last 15 years.

That said, over the last five years AZFamily has seemingly become less about news and more about "entertainment", for lack of a better word. Nowadays, I prefer ABC15 by a long shot when I look to local news.

That said, over the last five years AZFamily has seemingly become less about news and more about "entertainment", for lack of a better word. Nowadays, I prefer ABC15 by a long shot when I look to local news.
They've actually gotten more about real news since Meredith took over. Back in the MAC America and Belo days, KTVK was known as "The Place With More Stuff," catering to housewives more than anyone else. That was the main reason why they dropped the D'backs and Coyotes 15 years ago or so. With Gray taking over around the end of this year, we'll see if there are massive layoffs/retirements.

On July 13th, Heather Moore posted on her official TV Facebook that July 9th was her last night with 3TV.

She did not elaborate if she would be joining another station or something away from TV news. She said she will now have her nights available for her family.
Interestingly, I can't find her Facebook page. I wonder if it was deleted?

Moore's Instagram page is still there though. :unsure:

They've actually gotten more about real news since Meredith took over. Back in the MAC America and Belo days, KTVK was known as "The Place With More Stuff," catering to housewives more than anyone else. That was the main reason why they dropped the D'backs and Coyotes 15 years ago or so. With Gray taking over around the end of this year, we'll see if there are massive layoffs/retirements.
You could be right on that Keith. Perhaps a better term would be "personalities" as opposed to "entertainment".

Slightly off-topic, they should've kept Heather and dropped Pasmore. How that guy has lasted 30 years is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Between their regular anchors, weather-guessers, and a few field reporters, they have more than enough people that have anchored news at KTVK/KPHO, and are capable of doing so. April Warnecke anchored the noon news today, for example.
Yes, April has anchored the noon news again, but must we mention that April does NOT like to anchor by her own admission. She doesn't like to report on "depressing" things. So, that is why she chose weather.

But your point is valid. I think 80% of their reporters have anchored news, weather, or sports at one point or another. Many have smaller market anchoring experience. They could easily split the evening newscasts between Yetta/Brandon and Nichole/Jared. They could also put Sean in the mix and have him split weather and anchoring duties or bring back Kris to weekdays, even if just for one newscast.

KPHO/KTVK being in ownership limbo right now is not helping matters much.

Not saying it's connected, but when Gray acquired Raycom, a whole host of on- and off-air people left WOIO during the transition process.

If anyone here is able to post her final Facebook post on her exit from 3TV, it would be greatly appreciated. To my knowledge, it was only posted publicly for a day, then relegated to her private page.

Interestingly, Moore still lists 3TV as her current employer on her Twitter page. :unsure:

Are you sure she has a private page? I looked & couldn't find anything...the one she seems to always use is up-to-date. She posted that her son turned 29 yesterday, and prior to that, pix of 2 weeks on a beach vacation for her 10th wedding anniversary. She posted a very generic goodbye on July 14 to viewers...just a thanks for the well-wishes, and that she's happy to be home at night with her family. I tried to copy & paste it for you here, but it wouldn't let me.

If anyone here is able to post her final Facebook post on her exit from 3TV, it would be greatly appreciated. To my knowledge, it was only posted publicly for a day, then relegated to her private page.

Interestingly, Moore still lists 3TV as her current employer on her Twitter page. :unsure:
From Heather Moore TV, July 13 2021 at 4:23 PM.
////////////////////
Hi Friends --
Some news to share --
A viewer sent me this pic on Friday as I was signing off.
It was my last night with 3TV.
Arizona's Family has been my home away from home for a total of 11 years -- more than half of my career, (plus another 4 in Phoenix at CBS5) and I want to pass along my sincere gratitude for your trust in us and the chance to serve this wonderful community.
It has been my privilege to inform and entertain you....even when things got a little crazy over the past year.
For now, I am right where I need to be --
Home at night for the first time in years with my precious family.
I'll be around -- please don't hesitate to say hello if you see me out.
For my work friends, there's lots of love and a special place in my heart.
We will always be Arizona's Family.
///////////////////////////////////////////////
Her caption still has: 'Primary Evening Anchor for 3TV News at 6, 9 & 10:30'

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom