• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Suffixes

M

MRD

I repeatedly hear the suffix of - HD2 applied to all subchannels. Does this mean that all subchannels will be suffixed with - HD2, regardless of the number of subchannels the primary carrier offers? No - HD3 or - HD4?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by MRD on 01/19/06 02:33 PM.</FONT></P>

> I repeatedly hear the suffix of - HD2 applied to all
> subchannels. Does this mean that all subchannels will be
> suffixed with - HD2, regardless of the number of subchannels
> the primary carrier offers? No - HD3 or - HD4?
>

HD2 is applied to the HD2 signal. HD3 will get just that HD3. The main HD channel gets HD1.

There are very few HD3s right now. Most are testing. HD3 is lower quality than HD1 or 2. Equivalent to AM audio so it would be good for talk but probably not music. Personally I have not heard an HD3 YET. I am going on reports from other engineers.

> I repeatedly hear the suffix of - HD2 applied to all
> subchannels. Does this mean that all subchannels will be
> suffixed with - HD2, regardless of the number of subchannels
> the primary carrier offers? No - HD3 or - HD4?
>

I keep my own personal list of links to audio streams and added my first HD link today and used the following to identify it "WKTU-HD2 - 103.5 FM - Lake Success, New York, USA" I won't be changing the main link to "HD1" as I really don't have the need or desire to go back and rename all those files (currently adding the new clear channel list), so I just assume the link without the HD designation to be either the normal analog signal or main signal which either way is meaningless in an online stream as it's not the origianl audio quality anyway, just a way to keep it all in order in my files.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom