• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Harrisburg switcheroo

karlyle

Inactive
Inactive User
So i was listening to The River 97.3 today and I heard them do a liner about "if you're a listener of 93.5, make sure you switch to 96.9 FM for all your latest hits." I tuned in to 93.5 and heard that they are now 93.5 NASH Country....went down the dial and heard "Bust A Move" playing on "HOT 106.7"....wonder why they didn't tell people to move down to 106.7? Didn't hear any jocks in the short time I was on, just liners...

They aren't promoting 106.7 because it's from another company (iHeart promoting Cumulus would be taking listeners away from iHeart's own stations) Funny that they're promoting 96.9 instead of or alongside 99.3. Is 99.3 preparing a format flip or something?

They aren't promoting 106.7 because it's from another company (iHeart promoting Cumulus would be taking listeners away from iHeart's own stations) Funny that they're promoting 96.9 instead of or alongside 99.3. Is 99.3 preparing a format flip or something?

Why in the heck didn't they finally lose the WWKL call letters with the frequency move? They were once used for Kool94.9 and 99.3 back the the 80s/90s, then were apparently stored on 92.1 to prevent anyone from trying to use the KOOL brand. They should apply for something with "hot" in it.

Both 96.9 and 99.3 overlap each other because 96.9 has a better signal than 99.3.

With 50,000 watts of power, 96.9 can easily be heard in the Hershey/Harrisburg areas, but is mostly marketed at Lancaster only. Perhaps they should merge Kiss into 96.9 and for 99.3 to flip to something else, perhaps a simulcast of their news talk AM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom