• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hard To Find 45 versions- And Where To Get Them!

billyg said:
Has Night's "Hot Summer Nights" (Planet, 1979) ever appeared on CD?

"Heard It On The Radio Vol 5" and Night CD-"Long Distance" I got mine thru Amazon.

Interesting package I saw on Amazon "Even More One Hit Wonders" and the pacakage included

Mary Wells - My Guy
and
BJ Thomas - Raindrops

What planet are these poeple from that produced this CD.

I can top that. I have a two-CD collection called Hits of the Sixties, which includes (among others) "Tequila" by the Champs! There are other non-sixties hits on there, as well, but I don't have the track listing in front of me.

hornet61 said:
"Heard It On The Radio Vol 5" and Night CD-"Long Distance" I got mine thru Amazon.

Thanks for the info. I had a free bonus Mp3 download from Amazon so I got the song. Unfortunately the remastering engineer used a lot of Noise Reduction. :mad: As it fades out you can hear the NR kick in and start artifacting (that nasty warbling "underwater" sound). It's still better than my beat up 45, but I may be on the lookout for another copy on e-bay.

Sorry to hear about your horrible mp3 file on the Night song.. I have a promo 45 of that song and the last time I played it did'nt sound bad..send me a PM and I'll email you the song off the 45!!

Pretty cool to see my original post get so many responses. I have a few more sources to list. One being two new additions to the
"Hard To Find 45s On CD" series, which are I believe, due out in September. And the site MOG has 4 sets of a collection titled "50s & 60s
Lost & Found Records". Most of the stuff on those are super obscure cuts but there are some real winners as well including the original version of "(There's) Always Something There To Remind Me" which is on volume 3. Also, the CD "The Very Best Of The Drifters" by Rhino uses all the original single masters, and I scored it for $5 in a bargain bin. And lastly, did I or anyone else ever mention Dick Bartley's various compilations? Nice sound on them and good liner notes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom