• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hall and Oates are Spatting. Daryl Hall Gets Restraining Order Against John Oates

Meow!

Daryl Hall Gets Restraining Order Against John Oates in Hall & Oates Legal Battle​

Hall & Oates are embroiled in a confidential legal battle that has led to Daryl Hall getting a restraining order against his former music partner John Oates.
Little information about the lawsuit is publicly available, as the court documents are sealed, but based on court records, Hall filed an undisclosed complaint against Oates on Nov. 16, as well as a motion for a temporary restraining order, as reported by Philadelphia magazine

That is weird, wild stuff!
Hall & Oates are touring, right now. A Thanksgiving Day show in Koto City, Japan; the Philippines on Monday (28) and have several other upcoming shows.
Hall & Oates tour page

However, if you look at the top of that page, it is split with Daryl Hall shows on the left, and John Oates shows on the right.

The Koto City and Philippines shows are Daryl Hall and the Daryl's House Band with Todd Rundgren. That tour has been covering the US all year. No John Oates on any shows. John's solo tour is in 2024.

Personally, I think the both of them need Adult Education.

I mean seriously, what are Daryl Hall and John Oates without each other? I hate it when superstar pop duos get into these kinds of clashes. It means the magic is ruined. And this kind of hardcore legal treatment Daryl's giving John Oates, with restraining orders and s--t, is the kind you never recover from if someone you know did that to you. It would make it hard to ever truly trust them again. I mean, what did John Oates do to have Daryl dish out such legal vitriol?

And that's just sad. Somebody's gotta keep HoagieNation going.....

Since the suit is being filed in Nashville, there may be a good country song
Personally, I think the both of them need Adult Education.

I mean seriously, what are Daryl Hall and John Oates without each other? I hate it when superstar pop duos get into these kinds of clashes. It means the magic is ruined.
Simon and Garfunkel never reached the restraining order stage, but their discomfort with being around each other has been well known for decades. Has it "ruined" anything for their fans? Not for me.

Note this is reported to be a dispute over the contract the duo signed with concert promoters and recording labels.

Maybe, or perhaps a music publishing arrangement. The two co-wrote a lot of their early hits, and those songs have value. Some artists, such as Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, have sold off the rights to their songs to investment companies for hundreds of millions of dollars. Perhaps that's what John Oates' trust wants to do. This is a situation where two people are involved in the property being sold. Plus its complicated by John's part of the business is held in a trust.

Daryl Hall is suing John Oates over plan to sell stake in joint venture. A judge has paused the sale

Note this is reported to be a dispute over the contract the duo signed with concert promoters and recording labels.

Did you just guess at this liek you guess at alot of stuff?

Here's the answer

Wow, for someone who gets bent out of shape and their feelings hurt when people joke with you about some of your posts, you certainly seem to have a knack for treating others on this site like trash sometimes.

Hes repeatedly posted stuff thats literalyl guessing or wrong when the answer is right in front of him.. im not the only one whos seen this before.

A judge today sided with Daryl Hall in his dispute with John Oates:

A judge sided with Daryl Hall on Thursday in his request to keep John Oates temporarily blocked from selling his potentially lucrative share of the Hall & Oates duo's joint venture without his longtime partner's permission.

Back
Top Bottom