• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Grenada has a pirate...

Looks like Grenada has its first (?) pirate radio operation. It's on 92.7 MHz, second adjacent to city local WOHT on 92.3. I was able to trace it down to what street, but never saw an external antenna. It's covering about 50% of the city and is playing country and classic rock in themed blocks, no IDs.

Interestingly, it's right next to the Grenada High School campus so they get most of the clear signal from this operation.

As a side note, after months of airing static and DX, our translator on 103.1 MHz finally got shut off. That leaves 92.3 and 100.1 as our only stations, and I suspect 100.1 is running low power; their 50,000 watts doesn't even stop the scan on my radio most of the time.

Finally, while hunting down this pirate, I managed to get my biggest FM DX catch ever. I scanned around to see if it was causing interference and landed on 104.1 "The Edge". Then the HD popped on briefly and it decoded as KTEG-FM Santa Fe, NM. Ads for Music Go Round on Menaul and Sandia Honda further confirmed the catch. 1,000 miles, not bad! ;D

Getting NM on FM? Fun.

Today was just amazing on VHF. I'm a ham, so I spent my time there. But, FM was open non-stop from about 2pm to 9pm.

When I was out around 3, the band was SOLID Mexicans. El Paso in, too.

Summer. Love it.

DE

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom