• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Greenville Bandscan

I used to park across the street at Haywood Mall between Belk and the old Sears and the Charlotte stations would tune in good. Mainly 95.1, 96.1, 101.9, and 107.9. And the HD would lock in. Also at the Publix on Woodruff and Butler roads. But that was 5 years ago in my old vehicle. Now there is more translator and LPFM interference. I would like to get an HD Radio added to my current car to see how well the Charlotte HD signals may still come in. For the most part it was north of Laurens Rd, but 107.9-HD would come in at Harris Teeter and other venues along Augusta Rd. But that LPFM on 107.9 seems to have increased power and now creates more interference, so the noise level is now raised which may block WLNK-HD from tuning in like it used to.

But as expected Upstate signals appeared strong.

I liked 90.5, 91.1 and 91.5. And 92.5, 100.5, 103.1, 104.5 and 105.9 and the two Spanish stations.

Any idea who was doing death metal on 88.1?

Last edited:
I used to park across the street at Haywood Mall between Belk and the old Sears and the Charlotte stations would tune in good. Mainly 95.1, 96.1, 101.9, and 107.9. And the HD would lock in. Also at the Publix on Woodruff and Butler roads. But that was 5 years ago in my old vehicle. Now there is more translator and LPFM interference. I would like to get an HD Radio added to my current car to see how well the Charlotte HD signals may still come in. For the most part it was north of Laurens Rd, but 107.9-HD would come in at Harris Teeter and other venues along Augusta Rd. But that LPFM on 107.9 seems to have increased power and now creates more interference, so the noise level is now raised which may block WLNK-HD from tuning in like it used to.

But as expected Upstate signals appeared strong.
I'm not able to reliably get any Charlotte HD signals in Greenville until around Hwy 101 exit to Gray Court and in Greer. In Greenville and especially closer to downtown they're just drowned out by all of the noise and the adjacents.
Also, as of note 107.3's HD was off and there was no RDS/TEXT, it was off for around 5 days around that time, not sure if they were on aux but seems possible.

I liked 90.5, 91.1 and 91.5. And 92.5, 100.5, 103.1, 104.5 and 105.9 and the two Spanish stations.

Any idea who was doing death metal on 88.1?

I'm not sure about 88.1, but 90.5 is WHQB The Life FM, it's a Southern Gospel network based out of Piedmont, I believe. 103.1 is the "flagship" WHQA licensed to Honea Path. 105.9 is a translator for them as well, it fills in the areas of Greenville that 90.5 and 103.1 don't cover very well.

When you drive south down 85, 107.9 starts to rceive interference just past Woodruff Rd. and 95.1, 96.1, and 101.9 make it a bit further to Laurens Rd. But at my former home in Maulldin, just off Butler Rd, all these Charlotte signals can tune in clearly and the HD will lock in. With the car stationary in the driveway or on the home radio inside. But all the translarors and adjacents that have emerged in recent years make consistent listening unreliable. Unless you are at a stationary site such as the Publix parking lot. Used to be more stable reception of Charlotte, Columbia and Atlanta signals. But as soon as you get towards Greer or down to Fountain Inn, Charlotte signals start to reliably tune in. Especially in Spartanburg County.

When you drive south down 85, 107.9 starts to rceive interference just past Woodruff Rd. and 95.1, 96.1, and 101.9 make it a bit further to Laurens Rd. But at my former home in Maulldin, just off Butler Rd, all these Charlotte signals can tune in clearly and the HD will lock in. With the car stationary in the driveway or on the home radio inside. But all the translarors and adjacents that have emerged in recent years make consistent listening unreliable. Unless you are at a stationary site such as the Publix parking lot. Used to be more stable reception of Charlotte, Columbia and Atlanta signals. But as soon as you get towards Greer or down to Fountain Inn, Charlotte signals start to reliably tune in. Especially in Spartanburg County.

I remember in the early 00s listening to Magic 96.1 from Charlotte throughout Simpsonville and Mauldin in to Greenville with a solid signal. 96.1 is still one of the better signals but there’s adjacent interference from 96.3 when you start to get close to their transmitter site.

In Laurens County I can get way more than half of the Charlotte signals quite well, there’s no more interference than there ever was since the translators aren’t really a factor here. 101.9 will often lock for quite a while on HD and has a number of loyal listeners in the area. 88.9, 95.1. 96.1, 97.9, 102.9, 103.7, 105.3, and 107.9 all come in pretty consistently. Sometimes 96.9 and 99.7 but more during tropo conditions. Some of the Greenville translators make it down here, like 94.9 and 97.7, but the rest like 98.5, 99.5, 96.3, etc are just slightly audible and are fighting with other signals on the frequency (96.3 and 99.5 are Augusta signals, 98.5 is a mono 250 watt signal from Greenwood that blasts out and overpowers X-98.5). Unfortunately 86 WLBG placed a translator on 104.1 which means WSHP 103.9 and WBBQ 104.3 are now unlistenable in the immediate area due to them being adjacent. That 104.1 translator was shoehorned in there because it still occasionally interferes with the C3 103.9 in Gray Court which is almost where their 60dbu begins. Headed to Greenville, 103.9’s HD always locks in right at the SC-14 exit off 385 to Gray Court.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom