• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Green Day- Holiday

redjackryan

Inactive
Inactive User
Is there a not-so-negative version of Green Day's Holiday? One that doesn't have such a strong anti-Bush message?

Why would you edit a hit song to reflect your own ideology?

> Is there a not-so-negative version of Green Day's Holiday?
> One that doesn't have such a strong anti-Bush message?
>

No. That isn't "explicit" enough to take out. The only clean version that I know is avaliable is "kill all the f@#s that don't agree".

There's a version without the talking bridge. Skips the part that starts off "Sich heil to the president gasman". Every station I've heard is choosing to play the full version though.

> Why would you edit a hit song to reflect your own ideology?
>
because that is what a republican would do....

If you don't think your "audience" will accept it...DON'T PLAY IT! Duh!

Not a whole lot of 25-35 year old women at the young republicans parties though....eh pal?

"You are never hurt by what you don't play"

Not my ideology, per se. I leave my political leanings out of my programming. Actually, I like the song and could care less that Billy Joe Armstrong is speaking his mind about the President. However, I also see that it is harsh and not the idea that we want to be pushing. It's the same reason why I edit drug references out of songs. And, it is not the same as an artist running yap during a concert or an interview. Believe me, we continued to crank on the Dixie Chicks version of "Landslide" long after that concert in London. This is a hot song that will be in heavy rotation before too long.

> Why would you edit a hit song to reflect your own ideology?
>

> > Is there a not-so-negative version of Green Day's Holiday?
>
> > One that doesn't have such a strong anti-Bush message?
>
> There's a version without the talking bridge. Skips the
> part that starts off "Sich heil to the president gasman".
> Every station I've heard is choosing to play the full
> version though.

Well, you can count Hot AC 95.5 WPLJ in NYC as one station that opts to cut out the bridge. Being that it's a major market station, that should come as less of a surprise.</P>

>
I don't know, but my local HAC's won't touch it. @_@<P ID="signature">______________
^_^
Sing me something soft
Sad and delicate</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom