• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

GM of PRG Cary Pahigian a shoplifter??

Radio_Monster

Inactive
Inactive User
From theforecaster.net:

9/7 at 5:24 p.m. Cary L. Pahigian, 54, of Wildrose Lane, was issued a summons on Payne Road by Officer Timothy Dalton on a charge of theft by unauthorized taking.

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

He was shoplifting at Shaws on Payne Road in Scarborough. They caught him in the store and held him in custody until the police arrived.

Wonder if this will chill ad relations between the two businesses. Sure will make for an awkward situation during the next remote broadcast be it a food or toy drive for the up coming holidays!

Ever push a shopping cart with stuff on the bottom rack and you realize it's there after the fact? Well, store manager insisted on pressing charges even though the offer to pay for it was made immediately. Cop even thought it was b.s. but had to follow the manager's wishes.

Seriously Radio_Monster? Your first post on this site is this crap?

I had a friend that this happened to at another Shaws location. She left a case of water under her cart by mistake when checking out. The manager wanted to hear no part of her very reasonable explanation that she simply overlooked it and was more than happy to pay for it. They prosecuted and she had to go to court to answer the charges. They cost themselves a very good customer for no good reason.

Cary is a good radio guy, and a gentleman. To try to slam him for this obviously honest mistake is classless.

So it's the manager at Shaw's fault? Sure, that makes sense. An "honest mistake" seems like a reasonable excuse, but what if it wasn't the first time? Just sayin'......

It could very well be argued that it's the STORE'S responsibility to see and scan everything the cart is carrying. And I really really really doubt that CP would try to get out of the store without paying for the under-carriage items. - Shaw's must have a burr up their butts.-Shaws needs lessons on community relations.

This exact thing happened to my wife at Hannaford. Judge took one look at the surveillance tape and threw the case out.

"It could very well be argued that it's the STORE'S responsibility to see and scan everything the cart is carrying."

Now I've heard it all. It is no longer up to the customer to pay for the stuff he/she has in his/her cart? Good luck to you if you use that defense if you get caught shoplifting.

Look, if the manager was adamant about busting the guy for what could have been an "honest mistake", there probably was a reason. Like I said, what if it wasn't the first time? Just sayin'.....

Underminer said:
Look, if the manager was adamant about busting the guy for what could have been an "honest mistake", there probably was a reason. Like I said, what if it wasn't the first time? Just sayin'.....

Busy people (sometimes on a cell phone call as they're checking out)somtimes forget what they have on both levels of their cart. But in the USA where one is first presumed innocent (person's -vs- store's responsibility) the burden of proof lies upon the store to observe the cart. There also very well could have been some overzealousness in this case, too, and perhaps not just by one entity. Geeez... let's get back to RADIO.

Sounds like a great way to get things out of the store, Chuck. Stick the most expensive stuff on the bottom rack of the cart. If they catch you, just say you forgot and offer to pay. Or, if they don't catch you, just keep walking. Genius!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom