• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

getting an on-air shift for sirius

hey I was curious if you guys could help me out on this one. I was curious on how I could try to get an on-air shift of satellite radio seeming I live also in the NYC area. I am currently a radio dj on 91.5 wwlr the impulse in vt. (3,000 watt college station) thanks.

drop them a resume and demo on cd. check out siriusbackstage.com for a b.b. and you can chat with other listeners and get helpful in-fo-ma-tion.

Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Attn: Human Resources
Music Programming Dept.

FYI: It helps to send out the package FEDEX, that way you know somebody actually recieved it, and it tends to actually get someone to open it and read what's inside, I have done this with several interviews and it seems to work better than sending a FAX, EMAIL, or US MAIL.:)

drop them a resume and demo on cd.

Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Attn: Human Resources
Music Programming Dept.

It might also help if you "ask" about internship opps, that is how I got my foot in the door of the radio biz. Also, send the package FEDEX, I have done this with many job offers and if actually is better than FAX, EMAIL, or US MAIL, people love it when they get a UPS or FEDEX package, it may cost a little more, but will pay off in the long run. Good Luck.:)

Re: Not gonna Happen........

> hey I was curious if you guys could help me out on this one.
> I was curious on how I could try to get an on-air shift of
> satellite radio seeming I live also in the NYC area. I am
> currently a radio dj on 91.5 wwlr the impulse in vt. (3,000
> watt college station) thanks.
>
Its impossible for someone off the street to get a job at Sirius. Sat Radio, has a huge waiting list, for Employees. Its best to try out for a radio job in a small market, no station in NYC, whether it be Satelite, Fm, or AM, they dont hire people without years of COMERCIAL radio experience, I mean its Market number one, there are tons of people (with Comercial radio experience), that cant get any jobs. Now in Indianapolis its a different story, they hire, and fire new people every day, and always put interns on the air. ANOTHER F.Y.I, Satelite radio doesnt pay all that well, you would be better off Working for Z100, or Hot 97, But it takes several years of Previous Experience, before any radio job on NYC will look at you.

Some shows from outside producers

The music channels may be a different deal, but at least some of the (orignal) programming on their talk channels comes from outside producers. I work with somebody who fills in for the host of some advice show on the women's channel and she got hired and gets paid by the guy who produces the show for Sirius. I don't know what the exact deal is (whether he pays Sirius for the time and sells his own spots or whether Sirius pays him for the show). They do the show from Sirius' production facility. But she got the gig because of her connection to this guy (who is also a consultant of some kind), not Sirius.

> hey I was curious if you guys could help me out on this one.
> I was curious on how I could try to get an on-air shift of
> satellite radio seeming I live also in the NYC area. I am
> currently a radio dj on 91.5 wwlr the impulse in vt. (3,000
> watt college station) thanks.
>

I've been wondering if Sirius music channels are voice tracked or live.
Anyone know?

> I've been wondering if Sirius music channels are voice
> tracked or live.
> Anyone know?
>

Most are VT. Some are Live certain shifts.

Most channels, you almost never hear them jockless, there is some form of human voice on.<P ID="signature">______________

"Z"
Music Coordinator/Technical Support</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom