• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Game 2 World Series or a mid-season NFL game?

Which would you carry?

The Pulse in Bangor opted for the latter. I could understand this if the Patriots were playing, but Tampa Bay at Minnesota? Gimme a break.

Not to mention that game outcome implications aside, baseball is a much better radio experience.

Is NFL football in late October (with no local tie-in) really an easier sell than a World Series game?

I hear ya True Grit. . .Here on Nantucket I was looking for the World Series as well. . .96.3 WEII (WEEI Cape Cod) had the NFL game as well. . .I had to settle for ESPN 1530-WCKY Cincinnati to hear the game now that 1050-ESPN New York is now ESPN Deportes.

True Grit said:
Which would you carry?

The Pulse in Bangor opted for the latter. I could understand this if the Patriots were playing, but Tampa Bay at Minnesota? Gimme a break.

Not to mention that game outcome implications aside, baseball is a much better radio experience.

Is NFL football in late October (with no local tie-in) really an easier sell than a World Series game?

More people are interested in "any old football game" than any World Series game NOT involving Boston or a NYC team due to a) fantasy football, b) gambling or c) both. World series this year is two teams a New England sports fan could care less about. The proof is in the ratings, lowest Game 1 share ever. That's why they have satellite radio, to fill those tiny little specialty niches.

I could be wrong but WZON runs nothing from ESPN any more (which is the radio network carrying the World Series) so there was no choice between the 2, Steve King cut all his ties to ESPN when he blew up WZON as sports radio, but held on to the Westwood One/Dial Global contract.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom