• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FOUR HD subchannels on WGEM?!?!

I don't think Me-TV is broadcast in HD. Maybe widescreen SD at best, but probably not HD.

it is in HD per a member in Quincy (from avs dated 3/28)

WGEM is now broadcasting MeTV on 10.4 in 720p. This makes it the first station in the country to broadcast four subchannels in HD.

MeTV does offer a HD feed for affiliates and there are some who use it on subchannels
https://www.rabbitears.info/search.php?request=network_search&network=Me-TV

KAZT Phoenix
KATU Portland
WKOW Madison, WI (another Quincy station running 3 HD stations...ABC, Me, Decades)
KXLY Spokane
WLEX Lexington, KY
WJBF Augusta, GA
KBMT Beaumont, TX
KMIR Palm Springs
KXLT Rochester, MN
WBNG Binghamton, NY (another Quincy station running Tri HD)
WDIO Dulth, MN

Last edited:
The Los Angeles flagship, KAZA, also runs MeTV in HD. Co-affiliate KDOC 56.3, however, still runs Me at 480i.

The Los Angeles flagship, KAZA, also runs MeTV in HD. Co-affiliate KDOC 56.3, however, still runs Me at 480i.

KAZA is a Weigel owned station that runs MeTv on the -1. No different than other Weigel owned properties KFFV Seattle and KNLC St Louis that do the same. They also own KVOS Bellingham (Seattle market) and KCSG Cedar City, UT which have H&I on their -1 in HD

The topic was referring to markets where MeTV is a subchannel and carried in HD

The topic was referring to markets where MeTV is a subchannel and carried in HD

I was referring to stations that have three or (in this case) four HD subchannels. With WGEM, I was thinking it was a mistake on Trip's part.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom