• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Formats flips or tweaks In 2012

By mid March, Jack Silver otherwise known as the genuis of KABC will decide to make a major move to hi-light the talent of the hosts. Doug will be airing at 10pm, Larry Elder at 9:00 am and the GLEE boys Nathan Baker and John Phillips will be singing at 6:00 pm.

Radio will never be the same again with such an outside the box thinker like Jack.

jasonharper2007 said:
What will be the first format Flip or tweak Here in LA in 2012

KXOS? It's target demo share is around one point, and it has to be bleeding cash.

DavidEduardo said:
KXOS? It's target demo share is around one point, and it has to be bleeding cash.

How do you get this information?

Would you mind posting the 2011 numbers for Coast to Coast for LA market?

Thanks

the_wanderer said:
How do you get this information?

I get it by looking at 18-49 in Arbitron where they are tied with KHJ and 0.2 below KSSE

DavidEduardo said:
I get it by looking at 18-49 in Arbitron where they are tied with KHJ and 0.2 below KSSE

Tied with an AM station in 18-49 that plays music that plays Mexican oldies? That should be a problem.

radiojomo said:
DavidEduardo said:

Tied with an AM station in 18-49 that plays music that plays Mexican oldies? That should be a problem.

It just goes to show that you can't take programming that works in a bigger market and apply it to a much smaller market. ;)

2012 prediction:
Saul Levine changes 1260 AM format again. It's getting close to the average of just over a year!

Prediction! Radio will get pictures to go with the sound! ???

Oh, yeah...somebody already did that. Never mind. ;D

KFI goes FM!

wpb1999 said:
KFI goes FM!
On a side note, when I went to my folks' house over Christmas I heard talk radio KNZR's FM signal out of Bakersfield which at the time was rolling Handel On The Law. It sounded great.

Don't think there will be. Probably won't see a format flip in LA for a few years...

93.1Fm Jack FM will simply get new call letters KNX-FM but the format stays. But the KCBS-FM call Letters go to 106.9FM San Francisco. Look at Oldies 103.7 KKSF changed call letters of KOSF but the format stayed.

recto101 said:
93.1Fm Jack FM will simply get new call letters KNX-FM but the format stays. But the KCBS-FM call Letters go to 106.9FM San Francisco. Look at Oldies 103.7 KKSF changed call letters of KOSF but the format stayed.

Bring back the old KNX-FM with it! There was a station that really cared about the product it put on and the station's overall sound and presentation. I still miss it.

BTW, I think I mentioned this before, but if you are a fan of the old KNX-FM, the Bridge (Channel 32) on SiriusXM is essentially the same format and a somewhat faithful representation of KNX's style and presentation (No Odyssey Files though!). And the station, like the actual KNX-FM, is for the most part, deliciously stuck in a timewarp that doesn't go past the early 80's, before the soft rock of the Eagles and Rickie Lee Jones turned into the soft schlock of Air Supply and Mariah Carey. I wouldn't be surprised if KNX-FM was the actual model for the Bridge.

I doubt KJLL will flip again however they are working to get a strong signal into the IE. I know KJLL is focusing on LA, the OC and the Ventura Co areas but, don't leave out the High Desert either!!!

kn3ick said:
I doubt KJLL will flip again however they are working to get a strong signal into the IE. I know KJLL is focusing on LA, the OC and the Ventura Co areas but, don't leave out the High Desert either!!!

How??? There's that AirOne translater at 92.7 clearly heard in the city of Riverside. Would Amaturo buy them out?? Not likely.

I did some calculations. Class A FM stations on the same frequency must be spaced 71 miles from each other. There is a wiggle room of 8.41 miles to the current KKUU site in the Palm Springs market and 6.81 miles to the "Jill", or now "Playlist" OC site. The city of license must stay Adelanto as it is the only radio service to the community. I am not familiar with any viable transmitter sites within that window, that would shoot a signal down to the IE, but there might be (?)

ChannelFlipper said:
recto101 said:

Bring back the old KNX-FM with it! There was a station that really cared about the product it put on and the station's overall sound and presentation. I still miss it.

BTW, I think I mentioned this before, but if you are a fan of the old KNX-FM, the Bridge (Channel 32) on SiriusXM is essentially the same format and a somewhat faithful representation of KNX's style and presentation (No Odyssey Files though!). And the station, like the actual KNX-FM, is for the most part, deliciously stuck in a timewarp that doesn't go past the early 80's, before the soft rock of the Eagles and Rickie Lee Jones turned into the soft schlock of Air Supply and Mariah Carey. I wouldn't be surprised if KNX-FM was the actual model for the Bridge.

KOSF 103.7 FM was born at the height of call letter musical chairs yesterday. within CC inc San Francisco. KKSF went to 910 AM and KNEW went to 960 AM.

I supposed CBS can do the same thing here like move the KCBS-FM call letters from 93.1 LA to 106.9 FM San Francisco and Donate the KFRC call letters to Bay Area Radio Museum. and 93.1 FM can get KNX-FM 93.1 and the Jack format stays.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom