• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FOR SALE: Part 15 AM & FM Transmitters and Audio Gear

Black_Shire

Inactive
Inactive User
Hello All,

Having moved to a location where Part 15 broadcasting is very difficult-to-impossible, I am offering my equipment for sale. The items are listed below. Interested persons can e-mail me at [email protected] , which is also my PayPal address. The parcels will be insured (at my cost) at the buyer's request. Payment by PayPal is preferred, but I will accept a check or money order in U.S. currency (if payment is by check, the item or items will be shipped after the check clears). Thank you for taking the time to look. Here is the list:

[ITEM #1] --> TalkingSign TS100 Part 15 AM Transmitters (Like New)

TS100 images and full description: www.talkingsign.citymax.com/f/TS100_User_manual.pdf

These are two FCC-Certified Part 15 AM transmitters. I have one 3 meter wire antenna and one AC adapter to go with them. For this reason, I am selling both of them together at a substantial discount.

Quantity: 2 Price (for the pair of them): $40 plus $10.35 for Priority Mail postage

[Item #2] --> Panaxis ACC100 Part 15 FM Transmitters (Like New)

ACC100 images and full description: www.panaxis.com

These are two mono audio FCC-Certified Part 15 FM transmitters. I have one AC adapter to go with them. For this reason, I am selling both of them together at a substantial discount.

Quantity: 2 Price (for the pair of them): $30 plus $8.70 for Priority Mail postage

[ITEM #3] --> Vintage Components Metzo Part 15 AM Transmitter (New)

Metzo images and full description: www.vcomp.co.uk/metzo/metzo.htm

This is a Part 15 AM transmitter with audio compressor/limiter, AC adapter, 3 meter wire antenna, and CD-ROM instructions manual.

Quantity: 1 Price: $40 plus $8.70 for Priority Mail postage

[ITEM #4] --> Vintage Components Gizmo Part 15 AM Transmitters (Like New)

Gizmo images and full descriptions: www.geocities.com/scwis/gizmo.html and www.vcomp.co.uk/gizmo/gizmo_uk.htm

These are two Part 15 AM transmitters with AC adapters and 3 meter wire antennas.

Quantity: 2 Price: $20 each plus $4.95 for Priority Mail postage

[ITEM #5] --> AM Stereo Part 15 AM Transmitter and AM Stereo receiver

AM Stereo transmitter image and full description: www.geocities.com/amstereo2001 (at bottom of "screen-page")

AM Stereo receiver image and full description: www.audiocubes2.com/category/Radio/product/Sony_SRF-AX15_FM,_AM_Pocket_Radio.html

This is an AM Stereo Part 15 AM transmitter ("crystalled" for 1250 kHz) with an AC adapter. The transmitter can also use a 9 volt battery for power if desired. The receiver is a Sony SRF-AX15 AM Stereo/FM Stereo pocket radio.

Quantity (transmitter/receiver set): 1 Price: $40 plus $10.35 for Priority Mail postage

[ITEM #6] --> Technics SH-8017 Stereo Graphic Equalizer (used)

SH-8017 image and information: www.vintagetechnics.info/equalizers/sh8017.htm and http://audio.manualsonline.com/ex/thread/view/idThread/53678

These are two Stereo Graphic Equalizers. I have one AC cord to go with them. For this reason, I am selling both of them together at a substantial discount.

Quantity: 2 Price (for the pair of them): $35 plus $13.95 for Priority Mail postage

-- Black Shire

Hello All,

Looking through more of my radio stuff yesterday, I found an original FCC-Certified Talking House transmitter, made by Realty Electronics. This was the intermediate version between their earliest design that had the endless-loop cassette tape and the current Talking House THII (the black, metal-cased model with the built-in digital audio recorder that has a non-volatile memory).

This "Talking House TH1.5" (for want of a better name) has a built-in digital audio recorder which requires a 9 volt battery to keep its volatile memory from losing the recorded audio, and it can also broadcast live-fed external audio (using a patch cord with a standard 1/8" [3.5 mm] plug). Like the original cassette audio unit, this "TH1.5" transmitter is tuned using a variable oscillator instead of the rock-steady PLL tuning of the THII, so its tuning can drift slightly until the unit has been on for a few minutes and reaches an equilibrium temperature. It has a permanently-attached AC power cord and comes with a 3 meter long flexible wire antenna.

It has a very slight 60 Hz hum (only really noticeable at low audio input levels) in the audio (as did the original cassette audio units), but a filtered extension cord or an AC filter plug (Radio Shack carries them) should take care of the hum. The transmitter works fine, and I will let it go for $20 plus $10.35 for Priority Mail postage. Interested persons can e-mail me at [email protected] , which is also my PayPal address. The parcel will be insured (at my cost) at the buyer's request. Payment by PayPal is preferred, but I will accept a check or money order in U.S. currency (if payment is by check, it will be shipped after the check clears). Thank you for taking the time to look.

-- Black Shire

Thinkin bout a dismantle here as well. Have lost so much interest in even doing anything with my stuff anymore. It used to be fun keeping my station up and on the air, but you know.. fantasy is a odd thing, sometimes you just get tired of it.

There's still quite an interest in Part 15 radio, be it on school campuses or as a hobby diversion. I suppose it all has to do with one's available time and what they expect out of their station. I know I gave up webcasting for the simple fact it cost too much for what little I was getting out of it. At least with Part 15 it's pretty much a one-time investment with the exception of electricity.

lilburncommunityradio said:
Thinkin bout a dismantle here as well. Have lost so much interest in even doing anything with my stuff anymore. It used to be fun keeping my station up and on the air, but you know.. fantasy is a odd thing, sometimes you just get tired of it.

In my case, it's more a matter of standardizing on one type of transmitter (the Talking House TH II).

Regarding your comment about fantasies, it's odd how they sometimes come back to life and then become reality. Even though I can't run a practical Part 15 AM radio station due to the location, orientation, and characteristics of my apartment building, an art-themed trading post/deli/coffee shop/dessert shop in my neighborhood is setting up a Part 15 AM radio station using my equipment. They will use it to broadcast their daily specials and to supply the audio for drive-in movies that they will screen in their parking lot (the owner's daughter is an independent film producer).

Earlier this week I conducted a preliminary transmission test at their location using a Talking House TH II transmitter, an (un-grounded) Talking House outdoor ATU/102" whip antenna sitting on the ground (bolted to the galvanized metal stand that is supplied with the ATU), a portable CD player as an audio source, and a pocket AM radio receiver to check the broadcast range. Even with this rudimentary set-up, I got a clear signal everywhere inside the store (a concrete building) and for distances of 1/2 block to 1 block in all directions. I was particularly pleased with these results because the ATU/whip antenna on its stand was sitting within 3 feet of the store building and within 6 feet of several parked cars and a chain-link metal fence. The store owner is going to mount the ATU/whip antenna on the roof of the single-story building, which will put the antenna in the clear.

If you no longer wish to pursue your community radio dream, perhaps you too can pass it along to someone else who will make it a reality.

-- Black Shire

Black, it's great that the shop in your neighborhood is planning on using the Part 15 setup not only to advertise their specials but for use with the indie drive-in movies.

I've been itching to profile a business using Part 15 radio and I'd love to profile them if they are willing to do so. Please feel free to contact me either via PM or via my site (in my sig).

Thank you! I'll be happy to share their information with you (provided that they don't object, and I don't think they will).

One consideration, though: If they are agreeable, I would prefer to wait until their Part 15 AM station is up and running, for an important reason. A few years ago I helped Thom Bray (the actor who played Murry [the computer geek] in the 1980s Steven J. Cannel [spelling?] TV series called "Riptide"). He is now a college professor, and he wanted to set up a home Part 15 AM radio station as part of his broadcasting teaching work. (I didn't go to his house--I sent him Talking House equipment and helped him via e-mail.)

His station never came to fruition because he mentioned it to his neighbors, who were members of his homeowners' association. They, thinking that "Home AM Radio Station" meant "Giant-Tower-With-Guy-Wires-In-His-Yard!", were opposed to the idea and he didn't want to confront them. Had he installed the outdoor ATU/whip and gone on the air first, then gradually let them know about the station, it would have turned out differently. I don't want to possibly subject the store to similar pressure (based on ignorance) before they can go on the air.

-- Black Shire

I've seen that happen with hobbycasters who ruffled the feathers of their homeowner associations who didn't understand that an antenna could be a minor impact verses what the potential of such a "station" could be for their local community.

I sent you more info via private message.

I think the problem with My outfit is limited program choices. It gets quite boring listening to the same playlist each 5 five hour rotation.. Using ZARA radio is pretty cool, but you have to build the playlists, and I dont have the funds for any type of real automation. I am pretty sure a dismantle is in the wings, and a forgetting of what I have learned about this type of broadcasting.. " It really doesnt serve anyone, except myself" So why bother. I wish all the others luck with their set ups.

I think the problem with My outfit is limited program choices. It gets quite boring listening to the same playlist each 5 five hour rotation.. Using ZARA radio is pretty cool, but you have to build the playlists, and I dont have the funds for any type of real automation. I am pretty sure a dismantle is in the wings, and a forgetting of what I have learned about this type of broadcasting.. " It really doesnt serve anyone, except myself" So why bother. I wish all the others luck with their set ups.

You could always throw on some talk radio to break things up a bit.

TalkRadioX said:

You could always throw on some talk radio to break things up a bit.

Try some comedy. I have a large collection of comedy records from the 60s. You hardly ever hear that stuff anymore.

I started a part 15 at a "senior living" community.

Over 300 people over about a half mile radius hear it - and listen - and often comment - on the "beautiful" music. It plays the "FM100" (as in WLOO, Chicago) format that I put on cd's, played by 2 Sony cd changers and a Rangemaster transmitter. It has 6 days of music before it repeats a song.

It is affiliated with USA radio, gets regular weather from a weather radio, and is on 24/7 because of using OTS automation. I LOVE it. It has been operating for 4 years.

I have a second and third (repeater) station at Church that are 24/7 religion. It has been operating 5 years and features a daily show (put on by grade school kids) called "Homework Helper." That station uses a Rangemaster xmtr, usa network news and 2 Sony cd changers as well. That station has a LEGAL 2 mile radius, approved by a buddy of mine who is an fcc engineer and wrote me a letter.

I also have a 24/7 oldies station at my home.

You may cntact me at [email protected].

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom