• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Spanish in Hattiesburg

During my trip down there this morning, I discovered that 93.1 was playing Spanish music. When did they change and is this the first full-time FM Spanish station in Mississippi?

I was down in the Hub City yesterday and 93.1 was playing gospel and I picked up their signal today and they were playing light jazz. I'm guessing the Spanish format was short-lived or is on a certain times.

Isn't 96.1 in Tunica "The Pig" now? Por favor?

nolaradiobuff said:
My gosh...Hattiesburg too? When is the invasion going to end?

Look at it this way...there will be better looking women in Hattiesburg now.

WIIN in Ridgeland (780) was full-time Spanish over four years ago. I remember because it was when the International Ballet Competition was here. We played it in the vehicles whenever there was a Spanish-speaking contestant riding. They said that this was a network that also had an affiliate in Miami (or originated from Miami).

I wonder how a reggaeton format would work out in Hattiesburg? Maybe on 98.1, perhaps?

La Kalle, Noventa y Ocho punto uno

When 98.1 was a rhythmic CHR several years ago, perhaps it could've been tried as some sort of specialty programming. I'm not sure if reggaeton would work outside of big cities like Los Angeles. It would require a large Hispanic population to work.

93-3TheSurge said:
I wonder how a reggaeton format would work out in Hattiesburg?

There are no reggaetón formats anywhere in the continental US any longer... it certainly woud not work in a smaller market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom